#FAIL - Viper takes out my launch edition #1049

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I am glad your okay man. If you can pull any of the aftermarket stuff off of the car, that would be helpful. The stuff destroyed in the wreck, have your receipts and documentation to provide to the other party's insurance. And also obtain a copy of the accident report as well.
Sponsored

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Damn, sorry to hear. Glad you're ok and the car can be replaced. Good luck with the MSF course.

C17flyer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
I used to own a body shop and we would work with numbers to make the car the way it was before the accident and beings itā€™s their insurance company this shouldnā€™t be an issue. Also beings itā€™s front end damage itā€™s much easier to repair so it might not be a total loss.

OP
OP

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
This is turning into a shit show. I filed a claim under the viper drivers insurance. They called me back and stated he had storage only insurance at the time of the accident. Sounds like he had just gotten it out of storage and didn't call to put coverage back on it before he drove it on a road. So they are saying "not it". I called my insurance company and filed a claim and going to talk to the adjuster to decide the best path forward. I am also going to lawyer up.

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
This is turning into a shit show. I filed a claim under the viper drivers insurance. They called me back and stated he had storage only insurance at the time of the accident. Sounds like he had just gotten it out of storage and didn't call to put coverage back on it before he drove it on a road. So they are saying "not it". I called my insurance company and filed a claim and going to talk to the adjuster to decide the best path forward. I am also going to lawyer up.
Soooo sorry to hear this man. My wife has been hit by people with "The General" insurance and it just sucks to try and work through that crap. Let your insurance company and your lawyer work for you...and since you've lawyer'd up...show now no mercy!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I used to own a body shop and we would work with numbers to make the car the way it was before the accident and beings itā€™s their insurance company this shouldnā€™t be an issue. Also beings itā€™s front end damage itā€™s much easier to repair so it might not be a total loss.
A car like a brand new Supra, your going to want a total loss so OP can get a brand new 2021 Supra. Even after itā€™s fixed, the value will drop from the wreck and it will never be 100% perfect again. For the OP, I hope they give you a nice check to get a brand new Supra.

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Yea you are going to need a lawyer.

jvang85

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, Acura Integra
I've been in semi major wrecks 10+ years ago. All of which were not my fault. Keep and provide all receipts for parts and labor to the adjuster, be it from your insurance or the other party's. See a medical provider right away for your pain and suffering. Lawyers can be or not be necessary. If you want the insurance to be proactive, take the rental car option as it means they are on the clock to pay for that rental. Once they repair or pay you out for your vehicle, they take the car rental back. You have two years to file a suit or settle with them if you are in California, but check your local laws. They will low-ball your vehicle value if it's totalled so you should do your own comparisons for local vehicles of the same sub model (LE) to get a better price. I've gone both ways with and without a lawyer. Basically they take medical fees and double it for no lawyer or triple it if you have a lawyer so that all parties get equal payout. I always settled outside of litigation within the two year period. Best of luck.

Midlifecrisis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium - White
Ugh! Man I feel for you!

Canā€™t imagine dealing with the immediate aftermath of this either. Iā€™m sure the cops assumed you two were racing. Hopefully the skid marks from the Viper made the situation obvious...

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh! Man I feel for you!

Canā€™t imagine dealing with the immediate aftermath of this either. Iā€™m sure the cops assumed you two were racing. Hopefully the skid marks from the Viper made the situation obvious...
doubtful, they were facing opposite directions.

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
Gad you are safe and sound. I hope your back is better by now.

That could have gone much worst. Stay safe and be well.

First5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
Didnā€™t read all the replies.

get a lawyer and donā€™t post anything else about the accident.

edit - didnā€™t look at the OP date.

OP
OP

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The funny thing is I'm having shit luck finding a lawyer since I'm not on my death bed. Personal injury car wreck lawyers want nothing to do with me.

Still looking for a decent property damage lawyer.

In other news, still waiting on an estimate. It's finally at a shop which can work on it. They have confirmed it does have frame damage. 3 airbags deployed.

OP
OP

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ugh! Man I feel for you!

Thankfully I had two witnesses stop who saw the whole thing. I was going southbound, he was going northbound. One witness indicated it appeared he was drag racing a truck when he lost it.
Sponsored