tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Its technically not fake right? Its the sound of the engine just transmitted into the speakers or is it just really a different engine noise then ours?
Technically it IS a fake sound...It is an electronically synthesized noise based on a few key parameters collected which I posted above...This synthesized noise is then over layed on to the audio signal from the active sound design generator module...You don't need to be an audiophile to hear how this muddies the audio sound (particularly the bass response) and for many of us that have owned sports cars in the past the synthesized engine noise does not sound real or authentic...

Turning off the ASD does not affect exhaust noise in anyway and I can still hear the exhaust quite easily while in Sport mode....

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Does this noise come from certain speakers or all speakers?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It buzzed my rear view mirror too much so turned mine off using Bimmercode. No more buzzing.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I
Ok so to make it louder inside the car only? So outside is still loud? Also if i go with a aftermarket exhaust will it be to loud inside the car?
I turned mine off and got a catless acrapovic exhaust. Everyone tells me it’s loud while I can barely hear it. This car is super insulated like other bmws and that’s why they put the asd in it to begin with.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
It's in speakers. you can turn it off with bimmercode.
And another option is just unplugging the active sound module located just inside the trunk drivers side wall, very easy to do.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
yeah overall i would say just try it out with them off and if u like it then u like it if not then u can always turn it back on.

Can do it through paid version of bimmercode (will need compatible obd reader) or u can disconnect the unit which can be found in the trunk behind a couple panels

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Is the ASD maybe changeable? Maybe the Volume or the sound itself?

Like here:

I would be glad, if i could change the sound itself.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I just unplugged it. Fake noise gone.

20200919_122653.jpg

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the ASD maybe changeable? Maybe the Volume or the sound itself?

BMW does offer a few different ASD noise options to select from....I don't think we have that available to us in Bimmercode for the Supra?

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
BMW does offer a few different ASD noise options to select from....I don't think we have that available to us in Bimmercode for the Supra?
I havent found any options within the bimmercode app. Is the connection the same? Maybe its possible to connect a different ASD module from a BMW?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I havent found any options within the bimmercode app. Is the connection the same? Maybe its possible to connect a different ASD module from a BMW?
Even if you did attempt to swap out the Supra ASD module for BMW ASD module the module itself would need to be reprogrammed to the system and I don't think that could be done through Bimmercode...Dealer needs to reprogram any replacement of ASD module ...At least that's how I understand it....

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
lol why would u want to replace an already questionable fake noise with one that doesnt even match the car. To each their own i guess
Sponsored