Radiohead
Jerry Cantrell
Faith No More
Ghost
Deftones
Bongripper
Black Tongue
Batushka

These are in my daily rotation, but many others are mixed in based on my mood.
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Although I'll admit to not being a huge KSE fan myself, and it's definitely not a perfect analogy (considering that Jesse was technically the founding vocalist)... but it's a bit like asking if you like Black Sabbath with Ozzy or with Ronnie/Ian (... or as Henry Rollins famously put it):
1655371729591.png
Yeaaaah, i like Jesse as a lyricist and his vocals are good like in My Last Serenade, but something about Howard with his vocal delivery, he really brought out a lot of emotion in majority of KSE's songs during the time that he was in. Like in Arms of Sorrow, you can feel the pain in his voice, something i couldn't with Jesse..

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
I couldn't limit my favourite artists to 5, if I only count the artists that I have all or most of their album output in hard formats - I don't do streaming (CD or more likely vinyl) then I'm a fan of about 80 artists . From American Music Club through to Wand taking in The Blue Nile, Broken Social Scene, Randy Newman, Keith Jarrett, Brad Mehldau and Porcupine Tree along the way.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Agreed that 5 is impossible. For fossils such as myself that remember Tower Records and their Pulse magazine (or garbage advertising circular, if we're honest)... it was a more reasonable 10. Although that was 10 albums, which would be similarly impossible IMO. I think it was called "Desert Island Discs" or similar.

I've got ~85 albums on my internal storage and a pair of 64GB thumb drives with ~220 each to swap out in my MKV. Almost daily I still think to myself "damn, I should have copied that CD to the car as well... I really wanted to hear it right now." First world problems. :rolleyes:

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My iPods at the minute have 4583 songs and that would be a selection of tracks that have been ripped from my CD collection (so discounts vinyl) but there again I'm an old fart (61) and prefer physical copies of albums which have lyrics on inner covers and details of collaborating artists to spread the net - long before Spotify did all of that for you!
Just wondering if there are any hifi nerds out there too. I'm running a Rega P10/Apheta3 MC through an EAT E-Glo Petit phono stage and Prima Luna EVO 400i amp with an Audiolab CDT transport with a Chord Qutest dac. There's an Aiwa XK-009 Excelsia cassette deck sitting in the wings for old school mix tapes too.
20200423_134614.jpg

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
My collection is a bit shy of yours (esp. regarding the vinyl) but then you've got a decade on me so that makes sense. I think I'm at ~1400 CD's and I admit to feeling exactly the same regarding physical media. Although I've found a tablet and Roon makes a decent replacement for leafing through the booklet or liner notes. Of various gear... too much to account for. Although it doesn't measure all that well, mostly Marantz gear because I like the industrial design of their stuff. Ironically, when it comes to critical listening I have to go to my cheap, Chinese-made gear (Topping DX7Pro and Adam T7V active monitors) - because they're far more transparent than my "audiophile" stuff is. :doh:

I can't imagine what it would take to re-rip everything again... but I'll never part with the CDs just in case. :thumbsup:

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
My collection is a bit shy of yours (esp. regarding the vinyl) but then you've got a decade on me so that makes sense. I think I'm at ~1400 CD's and I admit to feeling exactly the same regarding physical media. Although I've found a tablet and Roon makes a decent replacement for leafing through the booklet or liner notes. Of various gear... too much to account for. Although it doesn't measure all that well, mostly Marantz gear because I like the industrial design of their stuff. Ironically, when it comes to critical listening I have to go to my cheap, Chinese-made gear (Topping DX7Pro and Adam T7V active monitors) - because they're far more transparent than my "audiophile" stuff is. :doh:

I can't imagine what it would take to re-rip everything again... but I'll never part with the CDs just in case. :thumbsup:
The T7V's are awesome! My buddy has a set he uses in his home studio. Love me some ribbon tweeters

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
In the Supra on a flash drive:

16 Bit Lolitas
Adriatique
Artbat
Ben Bohmer
Cosmic Gate
Earthlife
Fideles
HVOB
Jan Blomqvist
Mathame
Mind Against
Minds&Machines
Monkey Safari
Tale of Us
Verboten Berlin
Woo York
Yotto

Last edited:
OP
OP
J29DB03

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I am an old school guy at heart but I will concede it is pretty frickin’ nice to have the ability to import music to the car. Don’t have to worry about a flash drive getting lost.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

The photo shows about 1/5 of my vinyl collection, I got my first serious hifi system back in the mid 80's and it was based around a Roksan Xerxes turntable so I was buying vinyl while everyone was switching over to CD! Those LP's are still whisper quiet as I always put the album in Nagaoka No.102 inner sleeves to protect them from scratches.
Sponsored