Femto Direct Experience

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
So I'm creating this thread to share my person experience with going directly through femto directly to unlock my 22 supra. Not that many people have posted about going through them directly rather most people use a vendor to organize shipping with femto. I encourage others that have went this route as well to share their experience.

So a couple weeks ago I reached out to Femto directly on their website to have my post June ECU partially unlocked in order to use MHD. Not going to lie was terrified shipping the ECU to Finland but Femto answered all the questions I had about the process and they give very specific instructions on how to ship the ECU when you do go to DHL. My personal turnaround time was 7 days start to finish. I shipped the ECU out last Tuesday and got it back this Tuesday. Plugged the ECU back in today fired it up and flashed MHD. Overall I'm very pleased I went this route dealing with femto directly. They also told me if I do find a cloneable ecu in the future they have the readout for it and it can be cloned as well at a later time but for now I am very pleased.

Also another major advantage to this is cost. I paid $200 to ship it to them then once they receive the ECU they send an invoice in which you have to wire transfer them payment which was $600 for unlock and $150 for shipping back (the invoice they send is in EU not USD but they are about the same ATM). All in all it was $950 for unlock going directly to them. Overall this is a good savings compared to using a vendor to organize shipping which charges anywhere from $1500-$2000 compared to the $950 going direct through Femto.
Sponsored

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Thank you for sharing,

I actually contacted them when they just released the info about possible full unlocks and they told me at that time that I must go through a dealer. Then I ended up going with a company in the US and I am based in Dubai, so it took me 7 weeks. 2 weeks just shipping things around and 5 weeks due to shitty communication with US company, they said they had an ECU for me and then made up some excuses and then I found one in my local scrapyard and then got a refund of 500 USD. I wasn't fully aware of the ECU's values but I was desperate to get this process done ASAP and now seeing them being sold for 2K USD plus makes me feel foolish nevertheless, the areas where Femto was involved were very smooth and professional.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I second this post! Great experience as well. 7 days and under 1k for me too. Taking my car to CES Motorsports next month for upgraded turbo, port injection, and full E85 tune. Femto was extremely friendly and professional and the experience was flawless. Could not be happier. And CES has been extremely professional, communication on point, and helpful as well getting everything lined up and planned put properly to reach the goals I have with my car for now.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I second this post! Great experience as well. 7 days and under 1k for me too. Taking my car to CES Motorsports next month for upgraded turbo, port injection, and full E85 tune. Femto was extremely friendly and professional and the experience was flawless. Could not be happier. And CES has been extremely professional, communication on point, and helpful as well getting everything lined up and planned put properly to reach the goals I have with my car for now.
So my question is what are you using to tune all that? I was under the impression that if was only a partial unlock you cant run port or any of that? You can message me if you want. Thanks!

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
So my question is what are you using to tune all that? I was under the impression that if was only a partial unlock you cant run port or any of that? You can message me if you want. Thanks!
So using MHD I won't have the ability to have a flex fuel tune which I would not use and I won't be able to use the Multi map switching feature which I could care less about as well. On my car I will be running an E85 tune 99% of the time anyways and then I will have a 93 tune just for convenience of traveling further distance from home without the hassle of trying to find e85. But to answer your question. Yes it is possible run Port Injection with the unlock that Femto provides with post 6/20 ecu's. I am not competitive so all of the extra advantages that come along with getting a clone didn't really help me achieve my current goals anyways. Plus these will be fully unlockable eventually..not in one more week but hopefully before we all become 80 years old.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I chose to go with europerformancecenter. I honestly just didn't trust myself sending it out and making a dumb mistake. The $500 going through them I feel is worth it. Personally.

LMNFCTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Going to reach out to them now, instead of my other route. Was nervous about handling the shipping situation myself, but should be fine I hope. Thank you for sharing your experience!
So how did it go?

czzisaman

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Tungsten
Agreed! Much faster and cheaper, I did the clone&unlock, and itā€™s just 300 more, $1200 all in all for me.

Jrob

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
So how did it go?
Having a problem with finding the proper DHL location in IL. Probably going to just pay GTP and let them do it for $1700
I believe he just got his ECU and cloned ECU back about a week ago from them.
Iā€™m still sitting on my clone lol

Jrob

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
Agreed! Much faster and cheaper, I did the clone&unlock, and itā€™s just 300 more, $1200 all in all for me.
It is cheaper, I just donā€™t know where to go for temporary import from DHL. No location seems to know what Iā€™m talking about.
Sponsored