Fixing the WIND BUFFETING issue on the A90!

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I finally got around to installing and testing the Verus Engineering carbon side mirror wind deflectors to eliminate the wind buffeting issue.

Check out the video to see what it looks like and in more detail.

Long story short, this product completely fixed the issue, and looks SOO good compared to anything else out there.

Link:

Cheers,
-V
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Glad to see them functioning properly

They look good too, thanks for sharing

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my Verus Engineering one from Speed Industry. The quality was pretty bad it almost seemed used but I waited two months so I'm just going to ignore the defects. I don't think anyone tested it past 70mph (it's probably weird to have windows down 70+ anyways). At 112 the buffeting happens again and at 90 mph you can feel the wind slapping your shoulder and if you rolled up your window 25% the wind will start slapping your eye haha. It was windy outside when i went out driving though

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I just installed my Verus Engineering one from Speed Industry. The quality was pretty bad it almost seemed used but I waited two months so I'm just going to ignore the defects. I don't think anyone tested it past 70mph (it's probably weird to have windows down 70+ anyways). At 112 the buffeting happens again and at 90 mph you can feel the wind slapping your shoulder and if you rolled up your window 25% the wind will start slapping your eye haha. It was windy outside when i went out driving though
well that’s disappointing to hear about the quality. For the price I kind of expect a little better fit and finish. Hope I don’t have to send mine back

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
For me, the Verus did help with the wind buffeting, however, now I get a significant amount of wind noise when traveling greater than 70 mph (windows up). This must be the turbulence it creates to take care of the buffeting. Now when I cruise on the interstate there is a lot of this noise. Not sure the trade off was worth it.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For me, the Verus did help with the wind buffeting, however, now I get a significant amount of wind noise when traveling greater than 70 mph (windows up). This must be the turbulence it creates to take care of the buffeting. Now when I cruise on the interstate there is a lot of this noise. Not sure the trade off was worth it.
yeah, I'm interested to see the other design by AMS. It seems as if everyone only tested their solution for 30-50mph

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here, in IMO, is the simplest and most inexpensive solution I've seen to date that others have done...

I was waiting for a solution as simple as this rather than having to cover the entire area...All the current options are over designed and way over priced...

wind buffeting.jpg

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Here, in IMO, is the simplest and most inexpensive solution I've seen to date that others have done...

I was waiting for a solution as simple as this rather than having to cover the entire area...All the current options are over designed and way over priced...

wind buffeting.jpg
Any wind buffeting over 70 with this?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Any wind buffeting over 70 with this?
@30MilesOffshore installed this and could probably answer...There are a few others on our FB groups that have this installed and claim it fixed the problem....

Personally, I've never driven any of my cars with the windows down while cruising over 50~60 mph...

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The Twisted Tuning one is perfect...blends right in and can't even notice it in gloss black and does an excellent job, its now quieter than any car I've ever had with the windows down. Plus, it's cheaper than Verus!

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The Twisted Tuning one is perfect...blends right in and can't even notice it in gloss black and does an excellent job, its now quieter than any car I've ever had with the windows down. Plus, it's cheaper than Verus!
how is it over 70mph?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
how is it over 70mph?
Vastly improved. Of course from 45 - 70 where most people experience the buffeting around town its even better and that's where the biggest benefit is but I think its great

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Hmmm. At least in the video it sounds just as bad to me.
Sponsored