Formula 1 Talk

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
It was too early... :coffee:
For me too (or not early enough), but I just stayed awake for it. Was pretty interesting for the first bit. I thought for awhile the way Max was tearing through the pack that he might finish a full lap ahead.

You know you're doing something right when you're in P1 but it looks like you're dead last because you've got so much traffic in front! :rofl:

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
With how Mercedes ruined Russell in half a season, I wouldn't want Mick there. At Williams Russell was likeable. Now he's just another annoying entitled prick brainwashed by Toto.
Did you know that Toto was his manager while he was driving for Williams? Toto owned (at one time) 33% of Williams. A lot of people think that’s how George got his seat there. He’s a great driver, but I don’t he’s an entitled prick.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Did you know that Toto was his manager while he was driving for Williams? Toto owned (at one time) 33% of Williams. A lot of people think that’s how George got his seat there. He’s a great driver, but I don’t he’s an entitled prick.
Well his comments how Ferrari and Red Bull were cheating with the floor, and how after the summer break things would be different, says otherwise.

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
Everyone in F1 accuses the other guys of cheating when they’re not doing as well as them, and in this case it’s understandable considering what a dog the new Mercedes is. How about when everyone was accusing Brawn of cheating with their double diffuser? They were clever enough to find a legal loophole and everyone tried to adopt it. Or how about RedBull’s Flexible front wing? They found a way to pass the static test by changing the direction of their carbon fiber laminations. Everyone complained because they were winning.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Everyone in F1 accuses the other guys of cheating when they’re not doing as well as them, and in this case it’s understandable considering what a dog the new Mercedes is. How about when everyone was accusing Brawn of cheating with their double diffuser? They were clever enough to find a legal loophole and everyone tried to adopt it. Or how about RedBull’s Flexible front wing? They found a way to pass the static test by changing the direction of their carbon fiber laminations. Everyone complained because they were winning.
"A dog" :rofl: the Mercedes has more podiums than Ferrari, is on the cusp of taking P2 in the Constructors Championship, and has fantastic reliability.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I don't think where the car is in the field matters, if it's not a Red Bull - you're fucked.

Even old man Perez (who might actually be younger than me.......... *sigh*) was fucking the entire grid last weekend. There's just no competition right now.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I agree. F1 became boring.. red bull absolutely nailed the fastest car by mile and even Perez is winning the race as long as max is not right behind him. only curiosity is how Ferrari f' themselves like how Kevin dies in south park in every episode.. like last time, there were absolutely nothing they could f' on. straight forward to finish the race. yet, trying to get FL with smallest margin and gets speed impediment penalty resulting losing 2 championship point rather than gaining.. almost like clown show, they are genius at it.

just wondering what will they do this weekend to f' themselves? that's the only fun watching the race at the moment. :D

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really.... we had 8 years of this crap with Mercedes having the fastest car by a mile, and it was all ok, Red Bull had the fastest car FOR ONE RACE, and Merc fans start crying 🤣🤣🤣

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Really.... we had 8 years of this crap with Mercedes having the fastest car by a mile, and it was all ok, Red Bull had the fastest car FOR ONE RACE, and Merc fans start crying 🤣🤣🤣
at least they are not threatening to quit like RedBull did every year since 2015.

come on, for years you guys cried over mercs are dominating, If ThEy WeRe In ThE sAmE cAR and other BS, now RB is running away with it and you think we are “crying” just giving back what y’all cried over for years. And enough with this BS 1 race, RB has the best car for 2 years now. Please stop trying to act like World Champion* Max is winning from an under dog car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
at least they are not threatening to quit like RedBull did every year since 2015.

come on, for years you guys cried over mercs are dominating, If ThEy WeRe In ThE sAmE cAR and other BS, now RB is running away with it and you think we are “crying” just giving back what y’all cried over for years. And enough with this BS 1 race, RB has the best car for 2 years now. Please stop trying to act like World Champion* Max is winning from an under dog car.
They had an equal car to Mercedes the first half of the season, the second half the Merc was definitely better in 2021.

You're really naive if you don't think Mercedes threatened to quit unless Masi got fired.

For the most part, Ferrari had the faster car this season. That they managed to throw it away, is not Red Bull's fault.

Max won his first title with the 2nd best car, and now he's doing it again. Lewis has yet to do that once.
Alonso was absolutely right on Sunday.