VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So, with the Bahrain test now done:

Was Mercedes sandbagging or does the W12 have some teething issues?

Is the RB16B possibly on par with Mercedes?

I know tests don't mean all that much but it is something to talk about for the next two weeks:D

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
So I started poking around on some sites to inquire about tickets to the US round in Austin. Iā€™m not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet, even though the race is scheduled for Oct. I think that the COVID stuff should be mostly past by then, but there still seems to be a lot of flux in the schedule for good reason.
Anyone else considering trying to go as well?
Canadian race will be much better IMO to see live . Iā€™ve been trying to decide between the both and think Iā€™m going to do the Canadian race . Kinda off topic but Texas has some wack 420 laws so for me Canada was the best choice then getting a felony for a thc pen

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Canadian race will be much better IMO to see live . Iā€™ve been trying to decide between the both and think Iā€™m going to do the Canadian race . Kinda off topic but Texas has some wack 420 laws so for me Canada was the best choice then getting a felony for a thc pen
I've been and Montreal is a great venue and a great city. I speak serviceable French and never had to use it there.

Montreal is better set up to get to and from the race; it was pretty straightforward to take the metro there and back. I haven't been to Austin since 2017 or so but I felt like they still had logistical issues after the race ended.

It was also a LOT easier to find an affordable hotel in Montreal. The couple of times I went to Austin, 2-star flophouses were going for $300+ a night. I get it's supply and demand but still.

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
I've been and Montreal is a great venue and a great city. I speak serviceable French and never had to use it there.

Montreal is better set up to get to and from the race; it was pretty straightforward to take the metro there and back. I haven't been to Austin since 2017 or so but I felt like they still had logistical issues after the race ended.

It was also a LOT easier to find an affordable hotel in Montreal. The couple of times I went to Austin, 2-star flophouses were going for $300+ a night. I get it's supply and demand but still.
Absolutely awesome information here !! thanks for the heads up

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So, with the Bahrain test now done:

Was Mercedes sandbagging or does the W12 have some teething issues?

Is the RB16B possibly on par with Mercedes?

I know tests don't mean all that much but it is something to talk about for the next two weeks:D
Mercedes ALWAYS sandbag. And then they cry about being the underdog all season. They looked worse this year though, so hopefully we actually have a title fight this year, instead of Mercedes just cruising to title #7 without competition.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
IMO, sandbagging.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I think it's going to be very competitive this year. 4 teams using merc power, 2 for honda, 3 for ferrari. although ferrari struggled last year, hope they made some improvements. as for russian team HAAS, they even don't expect much so I don't expect much except good luck to Mick.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I really want to go to Montreal this year! ??

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I think it's going to be very competitive this year. 4 teams using merc power, 2 for honda, 3 for ferrari. although ferrari struggled last year, hope they made some improvements. as for russian team HAAS, they even don't expect much so I don't expect much except good luck to Mick.
Amen, I hope my boy Mick does fine. He has a very mature and cool head screwed on his body.

I also expect Alpine to do well this year too. Their package seems pretty solid.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Amen, I hope my boy Mick does fine. He has a very mature and cool head screwed on his body.

I also expect Alpine to do well this year too. Their package seems pretty solid.
yes. Alpine should do well. definitely put them before HAAS.

perhaps we can have a prediction game? ;)
Sponsored