Formula 1 Talk

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
oh yea forsure , i gotta say this though stroll has definitely grown as a driver. Used to be a hater of stroll but he's not too bad anymore. Perez I think will find a seat for next year possibly . No way does Albon keep his seat unless he changes his last name to have 2 double letters Allbon lol. Not sure if any of you do fantasy on the f1 app.. im currently #697 out of 501.6k in the global league , #288 out of 143.5K in instagram official league , #272 out of 11.9k in Mercedes official league , #170 out of 77.8k in youtube official league, #128 out of 59.2k in facebook official league , #65 out of 53.6k in United States official league , and 129# out of 48.6k in twitter official league. IM praying for that number 1spot im trying to win those awesome 2021 passes !!!!

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Its a bummer for Perez for sure, he carried the team financially and talent wise for a period, but to get Vettel in what is going to be a better car than the Ferrari is a good move for RP. Anyone think Perez ends up at Haas?

I don't do the fantasy yet, been a busy few years, but I'll probably sign up for next year. I bet last week shook things up a bit!

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
very interesting race indeed but very interesting rules un-covered as well. Grid start after red flag? actually.. this made it interesting, in my opinion. but I think they do need to change rule on changing tire during red flag to limit changing tire can only be as same compound as it was. I think that would be much fairer. what do you think?

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like the re-start, the tire compound/mandatory stop rule sure helped Gasly. If Roman looses his seat at Haas, maybe Lando can take his place in the drivers association, that would be a kick in the ass!

Ug, on another topic, the Supra I was shopping just sold to another member...I gotta act faster when I see one I like! Haha,

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
no... it was stroll who had advantage. matter of fact, gasly over took stroll once hamilton pitted for penalty.

lando is in a good place. i don't see him going anywhere at the moment. like to see rusell moving to more competitive team or former williams can step up. like to see perez moving to alpha tauri may be renault. or backup driver of MB for a year.

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
I felt the grid restart felt kinda artificial. I like keeping the standing start exclusive to the actual start of the race, but that's just me.

I can see how red flag tire changes look like an advantage, but we have to look at it compared to how advantages unfold during a normal safety car. I'm guessing the logic behind this rule is that it keeps the advantage somewhat in line with the safety car stop advantage. If cars aren't allowed to change tires during a red flag then they will be screwed over if they didn't change before the red flag, whereas if there is no red flag and just SC, they will be able to pit as the SC comes out and potentially gain position as we see more often. Just my thoughts on it but I see both sides of the argument. I would say that changing to same compound only would be a good compromise if it weren't for the rule that you have to use at least 2 different compounds during a dry race. Lots of things to consider when you get into the nitty gritty.

While I agree that the Lewis/Merc deserved the penalty, you'd think they'd put a marshal light on the inside of the curve to help the driver notice. Though Mercedes should have been more on the ball with that call to ensure that Lewis was overly aware.

I hope Checo gets a seat somewhere, but options are already limited. I don't see Red Bull taking Checo over Gasly at this point. The irony is that Red Bull #2 looks like it's going to be a revolving door where no one will be able to drive the car as well as Max. Both Gasly and Albon performed well outside Red Bull but both have struggled with the car. Albon had a good start but has fallen off in recent races. I can't tell if it's a change in the drivability of the car or his own mental. Obviously he got a couple podiums taken away by clashes with Lewis, but you'd think he'd still be in the mix.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
vettel to aston martin & perez is out of racing point.

I think Perez has done quite a bit for the team but team owner's son takes precedent.

I literally found out about this the second the news got released and I shrieked with joy. The feelings I felt were divine LMAO. LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO SEBASTIAN YEEEEEHAAWWWW!!

Regarding Perez, I feel like total shit for him. He didn't deserve to be shafted like that at all. Ideally, I wish Ferrari didn't suck ass so Sebastian would never leave and Perez and Stroll could stay in Racing Point. Speaking of Stroll, I believed in him since day one. I followed him in his junior series and he's no fucking joke. He really has shown his flashes of talent ever since his debut in 2017 and he's only 21 years old.

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
who here follow the f1troll ig profile . absolutely hilarious content

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't, but I'll check it out.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally I'd really like to see Perez go to Haas. Really hoping to keep some sort of American presents in international racing and Haas is it.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Personally I'd really like to see Perez go to Haas. Really hoping to keep some sort of American presents in international racing and Haas is it.
Perez-Schumacher would make a lot of sense for Haas, but I think there is some merit to the rumor that Williams may drop Russell for Perez, since he brings sponsorship money with him.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Perez-Schumacher would make a lot of sense for Haas, but I think there is some merit to the rumor that Williams may drop Russell for Perez, since he brings sponsorship money with him.
Nah Schumacher should be in Alfa Romeo. Haas is too much of a shitshow right now. Mick is too good for that.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sir Lewis Hamilton.
Sponsored