Formula 1 Talk

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Cars looked good on the track, especially when the sun went down. Hoping for a great season this year.

I do believe if Ferrari fixed their reliability issues, then it's going to be a close battle up top.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
In the past I didnā€™t get to spend a ton of time on following testing. This year I was able to. In doing so I spent some time on F1ā€™s website and got to see for the first time some Alpha Tauri adds. They seem to sell very plain cloths to some very depressed, but good looking young people. And with this they get to sponsor an F1 team, who would have thoughtā€¦

šŸ˜

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Realize it is only the first weekend of the season, but this Aston Martin success is wild. Love it for Alonso. Not particularly a fan of Stroll, but love seeing a midfield team being so competitive.
Yeah was awesome. I've always been an Alonso fan. He's just had the worst luck in career choices but finally it's working out for him. Watching him pass Russell, Hamilton twice, and Sainz was just epic. He wouldn't have caught Leclerc so he needed a little luck, but he's more than due.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I try to avoid this channel until I catchup with the latest Netfilx season šŸ˜‚ Can't wait!

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
As a McLaren fan I'm day drinking right now.
I hear yeah, that was a terrible start to the season. They are a complete mess right now. If I was Zak Brown I would be worried about losing my job and losing Lando. I didnā€™t get the best feeling about this season after Zak stated they are planning on being competitive sometime 2-3 years from now. Like how is that even remotely acceptable.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Realize it is only the first weekend of the season, but this Aston Martin success is wild. Love it for Alonso. Not particularly a fan of Stroll, but love seeing a midfield team being so competitive.
I love seeing Alonso doing well, but like you Iā€™m not really a fan of the Strolls, and thatā€™s saying a lot because Iā€™m Canadian. There is some arrogance in there and I worry they may have went over budget last season.

Personally I just hate seeing Max win. I donā€™t mind Perez, just hate Max. Would like to see this season a lot closer than last year.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I love seeing Alonso doing well, but like you Iā€™m not really a fan of the Strolls, and thatā€™s saying a lot because Iā€™m Canadian. There is some arrogance in there and I worry they may have went over budget last season.

Personally I just hate seeing Max win. I donā€™t mind Perez, just hate Max. Would like to see this season a lot closer than last year.
Based on RBs pace yesterday, the season could very well be over already. They were miles away. The only close racing I can see happening is in the midfield

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I donā€™t get what the hate for Stroll is, heā€™s put in some decent drives. I get he is ā€œspoiled boy with daddyā€™s moneyā€ but I donā€™t hate him nor his family for it.

As for Max, I too can not stand him. Iā€™ve never ever liked him though I canā€™t point out one thing about him on why. Just from his interviews and how he talks I just never cared for himā€¦.. That said I never wish ill on him or could get hurtā€¦. BUT I donā€™t mind recognizing talent and he has a fuck ton of it. He is up there at the top with the greatest drivers. Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Alonso, and of course Hamilton. For me he is just so unlikable.

dreams of course but Iā€™d love for them to be in the same car each built around each other and then see who really is better. For 8 years Hamilton just had the best car, now all a sudden itā€™s Max and not his car lol. RB built a rocketship.

while the championship may look like itā€™s wrapped up( come on after the first race lolol) I do hope for a great season.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I donā€™t get what the hate for Stroll is, heā€™s put in some decent drives. I get he is ā€œspoiled boy with daddyā€™s moneyā€ but I donā€™t hate him nor his family for it.

As for Max, I too can not stand him. Iā€™ve never ever liked him though I canā€™t point out one thing about him on why. Just from his interviews and how he talks I just never cared for himā€¦.. That said I never wish ill on him or could get hurtā€¦. BUT I donā€™t mind recognizing talent and he has a fuck ton of it. He is up there at the top with the greatest drivers. Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Alonso, and of course Hamilton. For me he is just so unlikable.

dreams of course but Iā€™d love for them to be in the same car each built around each other and then see who really is better. For 8 years Hamilton just had the best car, now all a sudden itā€™s Max and not his car lol. RB built a rocketship.

while the championship may look like itā€™s wrapped up( come on after the first race lolol) I do hope for a great season.
Formula One foremost is a constructors championship. The driver's championship got added later. But it's all about the teams, who builds the better car. That's why prize money is divided according to team position.

Max is very much like Senna and Schumacher. He doesn't give a F what anyone thinks. He's there to do one thing. Win. And his driving style is just like theirs too.

As far as driver vs car goes, Max has been proving since 2016 he doesn't need the best car to win. He didn't have the best car in 2021, and for at least the first half of 2022 the Ferrari was the better car.
Hamilton proved in 2022 that he's more car dependent. He's always won in a season except last, but he's always had a race winning car. The only season Max didn't win was his rookie season at Torro Rosso.

Like him or not, it doesn't matter. Max is the Senna of today. I liken Hamilton more to Prost. Prost also was more car dependent than Senna. Nothing wrong with it, until you have a lesser car.
Sponsored