Fortune Auto 500 series coils with air piston lift..Thoughts?

Hookah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - 2012 C63 AMG - 2008 Audi RS4
I've actually heard good things about this company and they seem to have great support. I wanted to go air ride but this is a bit cheaper and will accomplish what I want, which is basically to be able to clear driveways and such when needed but have coilover performance. What do you think? These are around $3k.
Sponsored

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this too

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
I've actually heard good things about this company and they seem to have great support. I wanted to go air ride but this is a bit cheaper and will accomplish what I want, which is basically to be able to clear driveways and such when needed but have coilover performance. What do you think? These are around $3k.
Since the launch of the A90 I kept bothering fortune auto with many questions on release date, options, and prices for our platform.
Being able to have a proper track setup with no restrictions on ride height while having the luxury to clear every ramp/driveway with a press of a button is my goal.

Seems to be great coilovers with many good reviews from different platforms. I like that they are custom hand built with different spring options/stiffness and with their air lift system it just check all the boxes. I met them at SEMA and they were as exited as me to introduce it to the A90 platform hahaha. My plan is to go with 510 + air lift system (fronts only) eventually.

However still waiting to get some feedback/reviews from A90 owners.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
A lot of owners, I know, have regretted this mod or acted ignorant to admit regretting it after purchasing it. It has 2inches of lift, needs a tank, controller (manual or management), and compressor(s). Just like Air suspension, it will ride horrible and feel like complete shit when lifted to a higher height. Also, if you are paying 2800 to 3500, depending if you want the base minimal options to get it running, then its pretty much the same price as an Airlift system. I would understand if this system is 1k + cheaper than air suspension but if it's just a couple hundred dollars, then I don't know. Not to mention, the fortune auto system is able to have the option to do front and rear pistons but the price that is listed is only for the fronts. It's hard to go in between looks and performance. Airlift does it best but it's still not enough for people. Theres higher end vehicles that most people wouldn't be able to afford in their lifetime that has air suspension, and they run fine. I've personally ran airlift, airrex and accuair. if some are wondering why I opened a air suspension thread, it was to question the reliability of the air suspension options we have available on this car now. They've proven the capability of several heavily modified vehicles, doubling their horsepower and tracking their cars with air. I remember a 500whp earlier model STI that was running air as well. The people who will never believe in air will stick to coilovers and etc etc. "Air can't compare to coilovers, static life, my dick is bigger cause If I want to adjust the height on my car, I take 3 hours". In my honest opinion, I've seen friends have them in Frs/Brz/86's to Is300, Supras, and more. It depends on the brand for reliability as well. The ones who said they have air and hated it tend to have either got the right brand but installed it wrong or cheaped tf out. Of course if you get SNAIRLIFT, it won't be as good as AIRLIFT. Same thing with buying some Megan's and saying coilovers suck. Some have admitted to them saying they will never admit how much they regret not going air because of the amount of money they dropped on the piston system to get half its functionality. But don't get me wrong, overall, the Fortune Autos work great for what it was meant to do. But for the same price, there could be better options.

OP
OP

Hookah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - 2012 C63 AMG - 2008 Audi RS4
A lot of owners, I know, have regretted this mod or acted ignorant to admit regretting it after purchasing it. It has 2inches of lift, needs a tank, controller (manual or management), and compressor(s). Just like Air suspension, it will ride horrible and feel like complete shit when lifted to a higher height. Also, if you are paying 2800 to 3500, depending if you want the base minimal options to get it running, then its pretty much the same price as an Airlift system. I would understand if this system is 1k + cheaper than air suspension but if it's just a couple hundred dollars, then I don't know. Not to mention, the fortune auto system is able to have the option to do front and rear pistons but the price that is listed is only for the fronts. It's hard to go in between looks and performance. Airlift does it best but it's still not enough for people. Theres higher end vehicles that most people wouldn't be able to afford in their lifetime that has air suspension, and they run fine. I've personally ran airlift, airrex and accuair. if some are wondering why I opened a air suspension thread, it was to question the reliability of the air suspension options we have available on this car now. They've proven the capability of several heavily modified vehicles, doubling their horsepower and tracking their cars with air. I remember a 500whp earlier model STI that was running air as well. The people who will never believe in air will stick to coilovers and etc etc. "Air can't compare to coilovers, static life, my dick is bigger cause If I want to adjust the height on my car, I take 3 hours". In my honest opinion, I've seen friends have them in Frs/Brz/86's to Is300, Supras, and more. It depends on the brand for reliability as well. The ones who said they have air and hated it tend to have either got the right brand but installed it wrong or cheaped tf out. Of course if you get SNAIRLIFT, it won't be as good as AIRLIFT. Same thing with buying some Megan's and saying coilovers suck. Some have admitted to them saying they will never admit how much they regret not going air because of the amount of money they dropped on the piston system to get half its functionality. But don't get me wrong, overall, the Fortune Autos work great for what it was meant to do. But for the same price, there could be better options.

I'm not opposed to air but the quotes I've gotten seem to be up to $5k installed. Granted I could install and it will probable be about the same price, however ive never installed a air ride, only coils. The other thing I hear a lot about air is the likelyhood of leaks and that overall reliability is not always 100%. These look good cause their still a coilover by design even if the air system takes a shit. I would like air though, that way I could have more adjustability and be able to slam it on the fly and parking lot pimpin is a plus LOL

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'm not opposed to air but the quotes I've gotten seem to be up to $5k installed. Granted I could install and it will probable be about the same price, however ive never installed a air ride, only coils. The other thing I hear a lot about air is the likelyhood of leaks and that overall reliability is not always 100%. These look good cause their still a coilover by design even if the air system takes a shit. I would like air though, that way I could have more adjustability and be able to slam it on the fly and parking lot pimpin is a plus LOL
You’re correct that issues will sway you towards the direction of Coilovers but it’s because one one major factor. Everyone tries to cheap out with the install and does it with their friends, themselves and makes mistakes. All those who went to a shop with air leaks tend to have a bad reputation. Also, I had a air leak ONLY AFTER driving over a cinderblock thrown on the road that flew into my wheel well. It only took like 20 bucks to fix it too. The only time the bags will fail is if you get the wrong Fitment where the rim width is too big and the offset is too high where the bags rub the inner tire or wheel. People have to factor in a 5mm clearance from the bags. There are people who do 10mm clearances just to be safe because bags will compress and decompress causing size changes through every bump and turn. People don’t realize that and expect them to not have problems when they can’t fit their finger between them and their struts. It’s the same thing with any suspension type of mod. If the Coilover struts are touching the wheels, issues are bound to happen. Failure to follow instructions have consequences that won’t discriminate the type of suspension you’re running.

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Sorry to revive an old post, but did you eventually go the piston lift kit route?
Sponsored