Found a Supra, thoughts on a91 mt?

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
A local carmax is offering a a91 Mt in cya later grey. Has 9k miles and they are asking 66k.

I suppose what Im looking for is a general perspective on the value retention of the 1/500 limited production. I love the color, and don’t like many of the colors outside of white. Do you guys think with the limited production and the fact that they may not be making Supras past 2025 that it’s worth the price?
Sponsored

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger pull the trigger
I definitely want to..
There’s nothing I don’t love about the car, other then my friend comparing it to a Miata due to its size!

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I definitely want to..
There’s nothing I don’t love about the car, other then my friend comparing it to a Miata due to its size!
we have dimensions close to a modern NSX too. it's all about perspective..

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
we have dimensions close to a modern NSX too. it's all about perspective..
Also the dealer installed a front liscense plate. Is it game over for the front bumper with those holes or is there an easy fix/ inexpensive cost at a shop?

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Also the dealer installed a front liscense plate. Is it game over for the front bumper with those holes or is there an easy fix/ inexpensive cost at a shop?
case-by-case scenario. in my area i have three shops to recommend for that repair.. i believe the complexity of the job is due to the shape of that area in the bumper

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
case-by-case scenario. in my area i have three shops to recommend for that repair.. i believe the complexity of the job is due to the shape of that area in the bumper
Hmmm. Well I suppose I could call around, it can’t be that expensive to fix.

I’ve seen a91s going for 70k+ so it seems like a good deal, I just don’t know if it’s gonna hold value compared to the premium 3.0s

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
Hmmm. Well I suppose I could call around, it can’t be that expensive to fix.

I’ve seen a91s going for 70k+ so it seems like a good deal, I just don’t know if it’s gonna hold value compared to the premium 3.0s
Biggest part is the color, interior color, and it having a manual. If you want to save a few grand just wait for a MT in a different color. Though the cognac interior is making its way back in a few cars this year.

Could always get a wrap too with another MT supra.

I have 13k miles on my CUL A91 supra and don't care about retaining its value. I bought it to drive.

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
Biggest part is the color, interior color, and it having a manual. If you want to save a few grand just wait for a MT in a different color. Though the cognac interior is making its way back in a few cars this year.

Could always get a wrap too with another MT supra.

I have 13k miles on my CUL A91 supra and don't care about retaining its value. I bought it to drive.
True, as would I, but I wouldn’t get more fun out of a limited edition then a normal hence the question.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Youl totally have the rarest spec in the universe and automatically makes you better than everyone else cuase everyone knows the “special editions” here in america are completely different than any other boring normal supra there is! Special edition people are gods amongst men🙌🏽

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Youl totally have the rarest spec in the universe and automatically makes you better than everyone else cuase everyone knows the “special editions” here in america are completely different than any other boring normal supra there is! Special edition people are gods amongst men🙌🏽
Jealous? 🤣

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Cars are a terrible investment. Don’t think anything in terms of value retention. Throw that out the window and decide if you like the car and if its price is equal or close enough to what you feel is fair.

If it turns out to be the next Stanley cup or Trader Joe’s tote then happy accident.
Sponsored