OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
honestly as many times as you bring up the 1/1500 I think this is a great car for you…. Or a Corvette.

im kidding. If you can swing it and know you won’t have buyers remorse later then I think you should do it. Like others say don’t get caught up in the A91 limited edition thing. it only matters to the people that…. It matters too. Everyone else know it’s nothing special. Though the paint on the CU Later is special. I have one of the rarest colors made as it was unpopular, and to some Downshift Blue owners it matters, for me it was a just a cool blue and a price for a car I wasnt passing up.

if you really like the Supra, and dont mind paying the price then do it. If you know you are going to regret paying that price if you see the car later a little cheaper, (my fiancé on literally everything she buys) you may want to wait. Prices are falling for these cars whether U.S. owners like it or not. Gone are the days of selling it for more or as much as we bought it for.
I’m selling my built Jeep wrangler on king coilovers and many other mods for this car, but I can’t get over the cya later grey. The car I had before this was a hellcat I built to just under 1k whp along with other car projects before that, and I’ve never not loved the car I’ve owned, or really had buyers remorse.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
I suppose it’s just me speculating as to wether I’ll be able to even get one at a deal in cya later grey later, or get a deal at all if they keep this trend and/or stop production next year.

I suppose the only way I’d get buyers remorse was if cya later grey was an available color next year or a m type model become available next year.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I suppose it’s just me speculating as to wether I’ll be able to even get one at a deal in cya later grey later, or get a deal at all if they keep this trend and/or stop production next year.

I suppose the only way I’d get buyers remorse was if cya later grey was an available color next year or a m type model become available next year.
Yea so it's unsure if that will happen and the Supra and Z4 is selling kinda meh these days new so I wouldn't bank on anything crazy for 2025 or 26 even.

If you can snag it for a deal, I'd do it.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

giphy.gif

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Op did you ever own a corvette in your life? Forget about the “1/500” you mention every time it doesn’t mean shit at all on a car that has the exact same build and performance as rest of the “normal” cars to you. Its just US marketing brainwashing your so head over heels for

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Plus, it has a manual which a lot of the kids these days love to hate (OMG it's so slow!!), for all we know it will be "worth" LESS than a similar spec AT by the time you want to sell it. Depends on who is in the market, personally I am a manual only person I would never even consider the supra otherwise. So in the used market, I personally would pay a premium for a clean MT that was owned by a responsible individual.
Mark my words, the manual MKV will NEVER be worth less than an identical example with the automatic. The rarity and enthusiasm factors alone will ensure these stay in higher demand forever. There's over 23,000 AT models running around in the states, compared to less than 2,200 manuals. Autos are for sale everywhere. I legitimately see the MT holding a 10-20% price premium in five-to-ten years. A normal person shopping for a used one won't give a flying fuck about which version is "faster." Used Vettes (when not shopped for by pensioners), Porsches, Lambos, & MKIVs have already proven this.

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Mark my words, the manual MKV will NEVER be worth less than an identical example with the automatic. The rarity and enthusiasm factors alone will ensure these stay in higher demand forever. There's over 23,000 AT models running around in the states, compared to less than 2,200 manuals. Autos are for sale everywhere. I legitimately see the MT holding a 10-20% price premium in five-to-ten years. A normal person shopping for a used one won't give a flying fuck about which version is "faster." Used Vettes (when not shopped for by pensioners), Porsches, Lambos, & MKIVs have already proven this.
Yup, 2200 is a laughably low amount of MTs out there. Even more rare than most GT P-cars.

not gonna keep me from putting miles on and enjoying it, but definitely was a factor for buying it.

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
I love the car. My original plan was to build a 335is but after seeing this a91 I was already hooked. Now it’s just a matter of deciding if it’s worth the price jump to take home the color, or drive one with a color I don’t like.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I love the car. My original plan was to build a 335is but after seeing this a91 I was already hooked. Now it’s just a matter of deciding if it’s worth the price jump to take home the color, or drive one with a color I don’t like.
it's the best spec. and having a good deal locally is a blessing.. i traveled 230 miles for my first supra and 1100 miles for my second.
with that, here you go, suffer
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/official-cu-later-gray-supra-club-thread.14504/

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
I have to make my decision by end of day! Let’s goooooo!

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
If you’re open to any color, you should be able to find a manual Supra for sticker price. You may need to put in some time and effort to find one though but they’re out there. These cars aren’t that special. I wouldn’t pay a dollar over sticker for one.

Also with high interest rates, there will be less and less buyers for these cars if you can wait another 6-9 months.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I have to make my decision by end of day! Let’s goooooo!
GET THE A91!!

Buy once, cry once, then love every minute of ownership after that.

CULaterJimzo

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' CUL A91 MT
Daily Driven 10k miles 1 of 1 CU Later imported to Puerto Rico (paid more than you did just to get it here), bolt-ons, methanol and tunes, 0 regrets. Buy it