Front and Rear Camber Adjustment

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

What are you guys that are lowered using to adjust front and rear camber? I am lowered on the Eibach Z4 springs that give me 0.8” drop. The fronts don’t look bad but I can definitely see that I need to correct the rear.

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The rear is adjustable from the factory (not a lot but enough to correct lowering springs).
Front requires camber plate or lower control arms (you don't need both but you could if you're into that).

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The rear is adjustable from the factory (not a lot but enough to correct lowering springs).
Front requires camber plate or lower control arms (you don't need both but you could if you're into that).
Okay thanks. If I needed to correct the rears more than what factory allows would I need to replace the control arms as well? Any recommendations on what parts to use?

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Okay thanks. If I needed to correct the rears more than what factory allows would I need to replace the control arms as well? Any recommendations on what parts to use?
SPL Parts
Front Lower Control Arms
https://www.splparts.com/products/front-lower-control-arms-toyota-supra-gr-a90-bmw-z4-g29.html

Rear Upper Arms
https://www.splparts.com/products/rear-upper-arms-toyota-supra-a90-gr-bmw-z4-g29.html

If you go with SPL Front lower control arms you'll need to modify their 3D printed bracket for the ride height/headlight leveler sensor. You can also do some manual adjustments to you headlights if they are still pointed too low.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
SPL Parts
Front Lower Control Arms
https://www.splparts.com/products/front-lower-control-arms-toyota-supra-gr-a90-bmw-z4-g29.html

Rear Upper Arms
https://www.splparts.com/products/rear-upper-arms-toyota-supra-a90-gr-bmw-z4-g29.html

If you go with SPL Front lower control arms you'll need to modify their 3D printed bracket for the ride height/headlight leveler sensor. You can also do some manual adjustments to you headlights if they are still pointed too low.
Perfect. Thanks for the info and links.

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
Hey guys,

What are you guys that are lowered using to adjust front and rear camber? I am lowered on the Eibach Z4 springs that give me 0.8” drop. The fronts don’t look bad but I can definitely see that I need to correct the rear.

Thanks for any info.
I'm running the megan racing camber arms in the rear. Megan is not the best but its available and affordable.

Mk5Frank

First Name
franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 type r, 2021 supra
SPL Parts
Front Lower Control Arms

Rear Upper Arms

I didn’t have to modify the 3d printed bracket ?

not sure what you are talking about, just use the second hole on it and it works fine

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I didn’t have to modify the 3d printed bracket ?

not sure what you are talking about, just use the second hole on it and it works fine
My bad. I updated my post "if your ride height is too low" to clarify.

This was the fix action directly from SPL when we were with them over the phone when we were getting a chassis error. It seems like they've had other people run into the same issue. Car worked perfectly after we drilled another hole.

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Thanks for posting. Where did you drill the third hole? I just had SPL send me a new bracked they said guaranteed the height sensor to be at OEM height but that did not work either. Still have the chassis error. Have to go back to the original black plastic and try the lower hole again. Is the goal to have the pivot angle at 90 degrees or level with the ground?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks for posting. Where did you drill the third hole? I just had SPL send me a new bracked they said guaranteed the height sensor to be at OEM height but that did not work either. Still have the chassis error. Have to go back to the original black plastic and try the lower hole again. Is the goal to have the pivot angle at 90 degrees or level with the ground?
How much lower are you? You can also attach the sensor arm ball joint directly to the SPL arm without the bracket.

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Thanks guys! I did not think to attach directly to the arm without the bracket. I guess the threads on the ball stud are compatible with the LCA tapped hole? I did modify the black plastic bracket and used the middle hole to mount the bracket to the arm which effectively allowed me to lower it. But I like the direct connection idea better ?. Thanks for the pic. Ideally SPL should have made an adjustable ball joint assy (like someone did on this forum) as they never know the height and should know most people lower the suspension.

SPL sent me a new style bracket that "guarantees" the sensor to be OEM height but that was useless because I am lowered.

Have to take out tomorrow and check for chassis message. I'm on the adjustable HKS Hipermax springs used them as they came out of the box so I think they are ~ 1" drop. Had lowered the car first - no chassis error. Added the all the SPL parts and now have the error. Thanks again!
Sponsored