FTP Intake pipe install

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I’ve seen the YouTube videos from Speed Industry and KIES. I’ve installed the H&R lowering springs, exhaust and other stuff on previous cars (I’m far from a mechanic or experienced just wanting to say I’ve done little things prior) but when I removed the stock air box I couldn’t even fit my hand in to remove the nipple (squeeze and pull off) that connects to the stock pipe. Any ideas? The videos seem so spacious compared to mine lol. Thanks.
Sponsored

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I used a set of small adjustable pliers to compress the fitting and then a small prybar/flat head screwdriver under the pliers to walk it off the intake pipe. Took me 1min max with this approach.

OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I used a set of small adjustable pliers to compress the fitting and then a small prybar/flat head screwdriver under the pliers to walk it off the intake pipe. Took me 1min max with this approach.
Was is it a hard grab? Thank you I’ll try that!

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
This is what I used (8") https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-8-in-and-10-in-Push-Lock-Pliers-2-Pack-DWHT70486/204413825

Once I had the plier opening set right, it was super easy to compress the locking mechanism on each side. Then I was able to slowly lift the fitting up (using small prybar or flat head screw driver). Many have snapped this part at the block so I tried to be as careful as possible.
Thanks man. I’ll give it a try when it’s not raining!
Sponsored