Zenkuto

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium (AZ)
Dam maybe I should get my car done again with this price 😂 only thing that sucks is that I recently moved to Wyoming and I’m a 3 day drive away
That really does suck lol. Seems like they’re one of top XPEL installers in the southeast
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah I wrecked the IS350 which is why I was looking for a new car in the first place. Was contemplating an IS500 but that would’ve been $70k+ with taxes and markups
I see, sorry to hear man. Yeah, I'd get the Supra vs an IS500.. maybe you can get a Supra and some cheap dd like Impreza or something in a hatch shape and AWD.. ? CrossTrek maybe? All my other cars are AWD and Subies.. well and Golf-R.

OP
OP
Zenkuto

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I see, sorry to hear man. Yeah, I'd get the Supra vs an IS500.. maybe you can get a Supra and some cheap dd like Impreza or something in a hatch shape and AWD.. ? CrossTrek maybe? All my other cars are AWD and Subies.. well and Golf-R.
I totally would’ve gotten the IS500 if it weren’t for the 10 year old tranny and interior. Supra just has a lot more niceties. I would consider a ‘21 or older Wrx

OP
OP
Zenkuto

Zenkuto

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice I'm waiting on my red interior one
Nice. Yeah I had a choice between the red interior or black. I didn’t know if the novelty of red would wear out for me eventually. Black is more timeless imo. Either way, both look great with white exterior

Steventje

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
I have a story about an incident that happened this Wednesday. I had PPF installed on the front bumper and headlights since day one. Wednesday afternoon I was driving on US1, in a section that has many palm trees. Around 40mph, I hear a bang that no one wants to hear in their Supra. A large and heavy palm tree husk smacked the hood, hit the windshield, flew over the roof.

Hood received a nice dent, many scratches. The windshield and roof also received scratches. Dropped the car off to my detailer, and received the good news that none of the scratches were deep enough to require a new paint job, and dent was an easy fix. In the end, the monetary damage was minimal, and I threw in a full hood PPF.

The hood being so big on the Supra, one deep scratch would mean a full repaint. Another body shop quoted me $5800 for the hood and roof paint repair.

If a $900 PPF can prevent a such a high cost of repair, I'm all in. A palm tree husk? I never saw that coming when I made my initial decision to only PPF the bumper and headlights. Ironically, the PFF'd parts were untouched.

The motherf*:

IMG_2776.jpeg

As for your questions, everybody else covered everything. Mine are cut very close to the edges, and I don't notice it at all.

Last edited:

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just cover the front bumper and engine hood.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
Yea I know what you mean, I’m the pick up the phone and call rather than email people 😂 I’m old school
Oh ur one of those!
I am a text or Email guy, that way they can get back with me when it's good for them rather than interrupting whatever they're doing *RIGHT NOW* expecting them to chat.......

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
As for PPF, I only had the Supra's headlights done, when I got the windows tinted. That was the only part of the car that absolutely had to have it, IMHO. Not just for rock protection but also to keep them clear longer.

We spent good money getting the front of a black Prius PPF'd, and 1 year later it looked pretty much like crap.
Sponsored