Full wrap - stealth or color that draws even more attention?

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I am still researching getting a new Supra, and I'm thinking that a full wrap is the way to go, especially if the factory color is not unique. Full wraps around here are north of $4000 but the Supra is so much less money than my alternative choices (2017 NSX or 2024 Lotus Emira), that I can add a full wrap and still be way ahead, financially.

Do you think that an eye-popping color is asking for too much attention when the car is parked somewhere outside of home? I've seen matt-gray NSXs that seem to be stealth; often, that is a good thing when you drive a low-volume sportscar.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Not sure now because how long it's been out. Regardless of color people knew it was a supra or it pulled attention quite easily.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldn't want it to be more noticable than it normally is because then I'd be nervous about leaving it out-of-sight for very long. It'd be good to compare notes with present owners.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
TBH, I failed to understand why you bother to do full wrap in 1st place if it is not your intention to "show off" some what. my reason to do full wrap was protection from track driving hence, change color and go wild.

like one mentioned before, supra has been out for awhile so if it is other than stock color, it will catch eye. also, if it's something dark color in matte, other drivers may not see your car and hit it... there are many unfit to drive drivers on the road.. :(

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The main reason for a partial or full wrap is protection from pebble damage on the highway. If I were able to get a favorite paint color that is also a factory color that does not take 1 + years to receive, then a partial clear wrap at half the cost would be acceptable. However, a stealth color is less likely to be spotted from across a parking lot if I make a run to Walmart, a grocery store, or Home Depot. And since I don't often need to drive at night, having a highly visible color like yellow is not necessary IMO.

I do like the gloss deep purple metallic wrap for its exclusivity.

Bottom line: Thanks for your thoughts!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
...wut mate?? 60k vs 150k vs 100k.. Honestly it sounds like you're not going to buy any of these. Throw R8 into the mix, a Lambo, M3, M8, how about a Porsche. Heck if you want used, world is your oyster.. Why not an Alfa or Lexus.. Lol. You want a Supra or not??

Get the Supra. Fall in love with it.. Then decide if you want to wrap it, ppf it.... 🙄

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 2017 NSX is $120k, but auto loans for vehicles older than 2019 tend to be much higher. The Lotus Emira would run $110k or so, but according to owners in the UK, more than 10% of their cars are having driveability issues - not good if your closest dealership is 80 miles or more away. Obviously, I don't want a plain Jane car that is everywhere you look. C8 Corvettes and Porsches are very common over here.
So yes, a new Supra is a great bang-for-the-buck choice that is uncommon and reliable. I hope the squeaks and rattles I've been reading about have been eraticated for 2024.

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
That's the color I am thinking about - very rare. 👍
3M Deep Space Flip🤙 If you want straight up purple, KPMF Hypnotic Black Violet or 3M Gloss Wicked would also work really well.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
What part of SoCal are you from?
Are you worried about crime or worried about general attention?
If it's the latter, I'm gonna be honest, don't buy the Supra (or any of the other cars you listed).

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3M Deep Space Flip🤙 If you want straight up purple, KPMF Hypnotic Black Violet or 3M Gloss Wicked would also work really well.
Thanks. So 3M Gloss Wicked is a deep metallic purple?