Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Aspiring Supra Owner!

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Far more important than full-screen carplay is just fixing the damn crashes and bugs with Carplay in the first place. I've got an appointment with my dealer to reflash for this issue. Carplay is unusable in my 2021. Crashes and reboots about 60% of the time it starts up (usualy in the first 5-10 minutes); and any interruption will cause black-screens. For example, if a phone call comes in, that crashes my system. Open Safari on the iPhone? Carplay crash...

I've had Carplay disabled for 2 months, waiting for BMW/Toyota to issue an update. Hopefully, these problems are addressed in this latest version of i-step.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Far more important than full-screen carplay is just fixing the damn crashes and bugs with Carplay in the first place. I've got an appointment with my dealer to reflash for this issue. Carplay is unusable in my 2021. Crashes and reboots about 60% of the time it starts up (usualy in the first 5-10 minutes); and any interruption will cause black-screens. For example, if a phone call comes in, that crashes my system. Open Safari on the iPhone? Carplay crash...

I've had Carplay disabled for 2 months, waiting for BMW/Toyota to issue an update. Hopefully, these problems are addressed in this latest version of i-step.
Is your phone having issues too? Or only carplay?

Carplay was unstable for me at first, crashes, freezes etc. However, my phone had also been on the fritz for the last 8 months or so, with apps crashing somewhat frequently and the whole phone rebooting every once in a while (kernel panic in the debug logs). I assumed the carplay issues where due to my phone being busted, which turned out to be true as I got a new phone last month and haven't had any serious issues since.

Totally possible your head unit / software is messed up, but wanted to provide this info just in case.

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
I previously had someone activate carplay on my head unit ECU and it's now locked and not accessible via bimmercode. Is the firmware update still going to be able to be programmed for full screen carplay and head unit max brightness?

EasyBimmerCoding

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I previously had someone activate carplay on my head unit ECU and it's now locked and not accessible via bimmercode. Is the firmware update still going to be able to be programmed for full screen carplay and head unit max brightness?
Yes sir , with no issue.

Ali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
can i buy it now to get the 15% discount and install it later once i get all the requirment ?

Prodrift

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Pardon my ignorance but for the battery charger, why is there pictures of it connecting under the hood when wouldnā€™t it connect to the battery in the trunk of the Supra?

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
Yes, no problem with reflashing headunit that had CarPlay previously activated.

EasyBimmerCoding

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
can i buy it now to get the 15% discount and install it later once i get all the requirment ?
Ali,
Yes , no problem , after purchase is made you will receive the software and data required for the flash and you can set up an appointment for once you acquire all the required items.

EasyBimmerCoding

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pardon my ignorance but for the battery charger, why is there pictures of it connecting under the hood when wouldnā€™t it connect to the battery in the trunk of the Supra?
Terminals are under the hood :)

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Is your phone having issues too? Or only carplay?

(snip)

Totally possible your head unit / software is messed up, but wanted to provide this info just in case.
Good thoughts. I believe my phone is working great, as my other car is an M340i with iDrive 8, and it's been flawless with my phone and carplay since we bought it. Not one crash or hiccup. And no other issues with my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) outside of the Supra + Carplay. I do believe this issue is on the headunit side with the Supra.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Good thoughts. I believe my phone is working great, as my other car is an M340i with iDrive 8, and it's been flawless with my phone and carplay since we bought it. Not one crash or hiccup. And no other issues with my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) outside of the Supra + Carplay. I do believe this issue is on the headunit side with the Supra.
I also have a 2020 M340i and a 2021 Supra. No issues with either with Carplay, iPhone 12 Mini, if that helps.

nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue, 2013 GS 350 F Sport
Its not recommended to plug it directly to the battery.