nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Couple questions:

1. Is there any need to paint (or wrap) the area under the vent for a cleaner look? Things look pretty good in your pics, but I've seen pics of other similar products where you can clearly see the OEM paint through the vent, which is aesthetically displeasing. Is this not an issue due to the mesh shape / thickness on your vents, or does this have the same issue depending on angle / lighting?

Example pic from a different brand:

1658420617401.png

2. I'd love to hear more about potential impact from water getting in, for those of us that live in rainy climates. I guess technically if the interior area under the vent is painted, that should prevent any rust issues (aka no bare metal). I don't expect tons of water getting in there, but let's say you park outside and it dumps rain all night on it - any plausible issues? I know this has been asked before, but I feel like the issue has mostly been handwaved away without really good explanations.

3. Love the front vents - any pics of them on a car?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Couple questions:

1. Is there any need to paint (or wrap) the area under the vent for a cleaner look? Things look pretty good in your pics, but I've seen pics of other similar products where you can clearly see the OEM paint through the vent, which is aesthetically displeasing. Is this not an issue due to the mesh shape / thickness on your vents, or does this have the same issue depending on angle / lighting?

1658420617401.png

2. I'd love to hear more about potential impact from water getting in, for those of us that live in rainy climates. I guess technically if the interior area under the vent is painted, that should prevent any rust issues (aka no bare metal). I don't expect tons of water getting in there, but let's say you park outside and it dumps rain all night on it - any plausible issues? I know this has been asked before, but I feel like the issue has mostly been handwaved away without really good explanations.

1. The honeycomb style design hides the paint underneath a lot better than the carbon fiber alternatives that use the mesh design like in the photo you posted. If you look at the earlier posts in this thread I uploaded a close up photo how it looks like. So you don't have to paint it underneath.

2. There's actually a hole in the hood under the vent that drains all water that gets in. The hood is also made out of aluminium so you don't have to worry about rust.

3. I attached a photo of the front vents. For this one the paint actually shows a little bit underneath so I would recommend painting it if your car is not black.

H67e3303bc91d44b0a7b10941b710bbcaV.jpg

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Couple questions:

1658420617401.png

Here is the photo again of the hood vents. As you can see it shows no paint underneath.

D6EA75BA-64CB-44EF-AC03-6D9FD0866BA6.jpeg

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
For the front vents do you have to take off the bumper to undo the clips or can you take them off with a pry tool or man-handle them and just break them off and install the new ones.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
For the front vents do you have to take off the bumper to undo the clips or can you take them off with a pry tool or man-handle them and just break them off and install the new ones.
They massage straight out with the bumper installed.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
they should just come out with a plastic trim remover tool.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
For the front vents, do they provide any function by themselves given the position? I'm not familiar with what is directly behind them other than the wheel well liner (presumably). Would cutting the wheel well liner potentially help cool the brakes with the front vents installed?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
For the front vents, do they provide any function by themselves given the position? I'm not familiar with what is directly behind them other than the wheel well liner (presumably). Would cutting the wheel well liner potentially help cool the brakes with the front vents installed?
In order to make them truly functional, yes you would have to cut the fender liner to allow for the airflow to pass through. You could also put some ducting and route it to the breaks for additional cooling.