Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think they should just completely pull the hood all the way down and call it a day. Each gen the headlights gets covered more n more. Anyhow I'm not loving the front or back. Glad they finally revamped the interior. Yet the mid console buttons look cheap and everything looks like a render....

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Looks okay. I had an '18 R and it was a lot of fun. Any later-gen Mustang is cool. I'm a fan at heart, though I'll never own another.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I like how Ford really differentiate the base model from the GT. Looking at you BimYota...

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Love it. Had my money on them getting away from a V8 power plant entirely this generation, using a high-output EcoBoost and hybrid motors instead. Though really, how could they with this car? Hope to own one of these several years down the road once the new generation bugs are worked out!

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
I mostly love it, although I agree with the comment that the digital dash looks tacked on (similar to Mercedes). I suspect the Dark Horse model will be in high demand, not because of the 20 extra ponies, but that Tremec... that's the route I would go, barring something like a Boss 302, or maybe the rumoured 429...

My future Supra is in trouble, unless I can have both of these. :cool:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Overall I like it but Ford really ruined the dash layout with the tacked-on looking tablet screens and their doing away with the "double bubble" Mustang dash. That and removing the basic HVAC physical control buttons are not selling points to me.

Modern digital instrument screens are perfectly fine... but making them sit upright sprouting FROM the dashboard rather than being an integrated part OF the flow of the dashboard is subpar. I'm not opposed to new designs being tried but this style layout already has been tried many times by other automakers recently. Ford isn't getting feedback from the people who actually want these cars.

We still get a nice high performance grand touring coupe in RWD with turbo-four, V8 and 6-speed manual transmission options. Some big misses with the interior but overall a decent updated Mustang.

However after this generation with a full redesign I truly hope they go back to an integrated instrument cluster screen and more identifiably "Mustang" dash layout.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
this will be the last ICE powered Mustang, so I'm thinking negative, ghost rider.
It being the last ICE powered Mustang has absolutely nothing to do with poor interior design choices. There is no magic rule that requires an automaker to unimaginatively bolt a bunch of tablets onto their vehicle dashboards and call it a day.

Volkswagen is guilty of this recently as well with their ID.3/ID.4/ID.5/etc. dashboards sporting similarly un-integrated driver information screens.

It may be an industry-wide trend but that doesn't mean it's a good or lasting trend.

We're definitely not going back to all analog gauges either but there is a happy middle in there somewhere that some modern vehicles already get right and which Ford... didn't.

crunchyramen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7, 2023 Supra
Its a hard balance. If you integrate it more into the dash you have two choices.

1. Raise the entire dashboard and build it in so it can be more at drivers eye line.
2. Build it in a normal height dash, now the driver has to look down a bunch and its not comfortable.

I know people hate the tablet sticking out but that's really the only way to have a normal height dash but still have the display at driver eyeline. Personally I don't mind looking down a bit especially since I don't mess with my infotainment that much. But I guess with A/C being put on the screen people will mess with it a bunch.
Sponsored