Grease Drips from the Hood

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Has anyone noticed grease droppings from the front wheel arch by the hood? I noticed early on when i got the car. I did not see it for awhile and just noticed it again the other day. It drips at the front wheel arch and drips on my wheel... Kinda annoying. I don't see any excess grease on the underside
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
water & dirt accumulates at almost every crevice, but grease ??
I've highlighted few portions, bottom being the dirtiest for me as all water/etc. gets drained thru there, yet still no sign of grease on my end..

upload_2020-6-10_13-47-50.png

ps. Supra image is from Google search

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Not grease, but my dealer over filled the washer fluid and it was leaking out on my passenger side early on. Hope you find the culprit.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone noticed grease droppings from the front wheel arch by the hood? I noticed early on when i got the car. I did not see it for awhile and just noticed it again the other day. It drips at the front wheel arch and drips on my wheel... Kinda annoying. I don't see any excess grease on the underside
I think you are talking about the corners on the wheel arch portion of the hood? I have a lot of buildup there of what is an oily substance mixed with dirt.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
One thing BMW does in manufacturing is to spray a waxy/greasy beige liquid into cracks and crevices in the body where water would otherwise accumulate and lead to corrosion. Very similar to the old-school "cosmoline" used by military and manufacturers of all types. On every new BMW I have owned in recent years, you can see semi-solidified drips of this stuff coming out of various cracks and orifices all over the body. It's pretty much harmless but might occasionally require some detailing labor to clean up. That is my guess in this case. I'll try to get a pic from my M40i or M2 next time I remember.
Sponsored