GT4RS VS Z06

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Who's trading in the Supra? Who's adding either one to their collection?

Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I'd love to... but I think I need at least another two Supras to make that trade economical. ;)
Honestly either of these are likely to appreciate like mad for a couple years (if you're lucky enough to actually take receipt of one before 2024).

The only problem I have with that is the fact that significant appreciation is also predicated on the car being barely driven during that time. I'm pretty sure if I put 30K miles on a GT4 RS in 2 years... the depreciation would be a bit more than the MKV's MSRP - so I'll just admire from afar I think.

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Although both cars are over my budget...maybe the GT4 RS rear wing is able to install on Supra like GT4's!

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Track buddy just sold his c6 Z06 and bought a 2016 GT4.

I got to drive it hard this week and must say i am super super impressed. Not as raw fast as the Supra but i must say it is the perfect example of P-car perfection. manual shifts SO nice, rev matches, amazing engine noise w stock exhaust even.

I am sure the new GT4 is even better.

fwiw they are certainly holding value and even going up. He paid more for a 10k 2016 than its original sticker.

What struck me- was it is seriously fast but everything matched. Meaning you could put the pedal on the floor and not lose traction- you just go seriously fast while the perfect Porsche components keep it hugging the twisty roads amazingly.

My Supra is NOT matched- while brakes and suspension are updated pretty high, if i floor it and am not careful I am going in the ditch.

On the track when he floors it coming out of a turn he can be confident that the response will be manageable. I have to REALLY modulate the throttle to keep it pointed in the right direction.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Porsche is the master of the game. They constantly learn and evolve and make tiny little changes along the way but each change makes the car better. It's the benefit they have had from success and being able to evolve a car over 20, 30, 50+ years. If Toyota keeps the Supra and keeps evolving it over time it will get better.

I fell in love with the 718 Cayman GTS (4.0) I drove. It's a tremendous car and, for me, better than the GT4 as it is the better all around car for everyday driving. I just could not stomach the current prices.

I have a deposit on a Z06 but I am looking at 2024 at the earliest and most likely 2025 depending on allocations and plant shut downs. Honestly, I will probably sell it, make a profit, and buy a Porsche unless I completely love the car.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Good luck getting allocation for GT4RS, its not that simple just having the money for it ;)

The car itself is epic, the perfect Porsche I'd love to own, but like with every Cayman I drove, it will be less fun on the road, Caymans show everything on the track with serious speeds, pushed to the edge... thats why I went with Supra over Cayman (in the end it was between yellow 718 and yellow Supra for me), its more fun for everyday driving and some fooling around.

Last edited:

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
GT4 RS isn't a limited release and will be made for as many people who want them for the next 2 to 3 years. It's just a matter of how long your wait will be. Some deliveries will begin happening this year, but those were probably spoken for a year ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I had a chance to drive a 911 GT3, and ride along in a friend's GT4, so of course I'd love to get my hands on a GT4 RS for a dedicated track car. However, $150k is a lot to shell out.

As for the Z06, it'll be a great performance car, but I have a preference for European interiors.

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
That GT4RS is insanely impressive with the improvements Porsche was able to make on it. No doubt thats going to be a phenomenal car to own. The Z06 will be no slouch either was never a huge fan of the C8 until I drove one and understood what the hype was about. Both will be great cars but I think that GT4 RS might be the better option of the two.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Good luck getting allocation for GT4RS, its not that simple just having the money for it ;)

The car itself is epic, the perfect Porsche I'd love to own, but like with every Cayman I drove, it will be less fun on the road, Caymans show everything on the track with serious speeds, pushed to the edge... thats why I went with Supra over Cayman (in the end it was between yellow 718 and yellow Supra for me), its more fun for everyday driving and some fooling around.
You can't even get an allocation for a base 911 right now. Porsche allocations for cars like the 911, 718, etc is about 25-30% of what dealers got in previous years. Think about that, they are getting 70-75% fewer cars than normal... Porsche dealers have been taking deposits for cars they cannot get allocations for and some people have been waiting over a year. I can't imagine the wait list for the GT4RS and if Porsche cannot ramp up production there's no point in even making all these variants.
Sponsored