Has anyone reached 10s with OTS maps for either MHD or BM3?

WhiteNissan300zx

First Name
SC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 300zx Twin Turbo, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Anyone have luck reaching a 10.9 with an OTS map stock tire? I have a 21 E40 OTS Map on MHD
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Downpipe?

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
If you put a good tire on the back like a Nitto 555rii you should be into the 10’s especially with ethanol. If you don’t have sticky tires then probably not it’ll be challenging to launch the car

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
As others mentioned, you really need a drag tire or a 200 or less TW street tire for hook. The PSS tires on the supra at this point are like 20 year old tire tech.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
As others mentioned, you really need a drag tire or a 200 or less TW street tire for hook. The PSS tires on the supra at this point are like 20 year old tire tech.
PSS isn't that old, but still pretty old.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PSS isn't that old, but still pretty old.
Okay, you're right, it seems like 20 years but they went on sale in the US in 2011. Still, this is ancient as far as tire tech goes. Anyone who has run this tire and the PS4 can no question tell the significant difference, the gap increases when you start talking R rated tires.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
Okay, you're right, it seems like 20 years but they went on sale in the US in 2011.
You actually weren't far off with your original 20 years statement. They went on the market in 2011, but the tire they are derived from was developed for the Ferrari 599 which came out almost 20 years ago -- and was a test-bed for a bunch of new tech.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Okay, you're right, it seems like 20 years but they went on sale in the US in 2011. Still, this is ancient as far as tire tech goes. Anyone who has run this tire and the PS4 can no question tell the significant difference, the gap increases when you start talking R rated tires.
I've never understood Toyota's decision to use such mediocre OEM tires, especially when the excellent PS4S is a common OEM tire. The PSS left a considerable bit of performance on the table compared to a modern performance tire (let alone a Cup2). I guess I always figured it was the accountants.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've never understood Toyota's decision to use such mediocre OEM tires, especially when the excellent PS4S is a common OEM tire. The PSS left a considerable bit of performance on the table compared to a modern performance tire (let alone a Cup2). I guess I always figured it was the accountants.
It always boils down to cost...more expensive tire means they either pass that on in the MSRP to the consumer or take a hit on margin. I'm guessing since PSS's are likely on their way out of market, they probably are buying them for next to nothing. (i'm also going out on a limb here given how long this tire has been on the market)

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
The choice for PSS was pennywise, pound foolish. Because of that tire choice, the car is substantially slower than it could be in comparison tests, like Lightning Lap. And that has become the benchmark that production cars are held to.

So the Supra looks like it only offers Camaro SS 1LE performance, when on good tires, it's probably closer to ZL1 1LE performance.
Sponsored