BM3 or MHD ?

Malonelmatonb

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra Gr
I HAVE A 2023 TOYOTA SUPRA A90.I WILL LIKE TO KNOW WITCH ONE IS BETTER OR U GUYS PREFER.THANK YOU
Sponsored

toxicity

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 MT, Defender 110 V8, 2016 Tundra SR5
im actually stuck on this atm.. :rolleyes:
seems like mhd+ caught everything up w bm3

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
im actually stuck on this atm.. :rolleyes:
seems like mhd+ caught everything up w bm3
They always go back and forth and have to catch up and pass each other to remain competitive or attract clients. I think either one would be fine for us unless you are drag racing. Popular MKV tuners online laugh at my question about BM3 vs MHD and have told MHD is trash. BMW performance shop near me told me MHD has better tables which I guess means better fine tuning. I would go BM3 if I was unlocking right now.

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
I HAVE A 2023 TOYOTA SUPRA A90.I WILL LIKE TO KNOW WITCH ONE IS BETTER OR U GUYS PREFER.THANK YOU
Every high end shop I know runs bm3, with MHD devices. Bm3 seems to have more features and finer tuning capabilities. I have bm3 with an MHD tuner.
Also, I’m sure you know, but if you don’t, those tuners work with unlocked ecus, so unless you sent yours out you might wanna look into that (if you haven’t already)

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Bm3

They are a full tuning shop; they make their own maps, software, in-house dyno, and hardware kits to work with their tuner.

MHD only makes the software, and they buy their maps from third-party tuners.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
It depends.

If you want to keep it simple by flashing it yourself with OTS maps from your phone, then got MHD.

If you want to have a tuner work on it for you and get it perfectly dialed in for your specific mods and needs, then got BM3.

However, I'm only running 93 with an AA catted DP, so not looking for crazy numbers at all.

Long story short, I first had MHD and it worked perfectly. Then I decided to go BM3 because of all the extra and new features (at the time) and it bricked my ECU...TWICE! I tried PC laptop, Mac laptop, iPhone, Enet cable, wifi dongle, OBD2 adapters, etc. Nothing communicated and locked me out over and over. Granted all I needed was another bench unlock, but still annoying. Went back to MHD and within seconds I had re-flashed, added multi-maps and tweaked the burble settings on the fly. YMMV.

OP
OP
Malonelmatonb

Malonelmatonb

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra Gr
Bm3

They are a full tuning shop; they make their own maps, software, in-house dyno, and hardware kits to work with their tuner.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
If you want to have a tuner work on it for you and get it perfectly dialed in for your specific mods and needs, then got BM3.
not really. MHD has ReFlex integration, while BM3 does not. while MHD took forever to catch up, it is not the inferior tuning platform here

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Bm3

this isnt entirely accurate. BM3 tunes are made by Halim last i checked, Halim iirc is HCP performance which is a third party tuner/shop. Who just happens to partner with BM3/Protuning freaks.

No difference really than MHD partnering with Pureboost also a 3rd party tuner/shop for the OTS maps for F/G series, me for E-series N55 and Wedge for N54, there is really no difference

So not sure what you were trying to insinuate with that post.

For everyone else:

There is nothing wrong with BM3 or MHD or Ecutek. From an OTS standpoint BM3 and MHD both have very good OTS maps. so from that it doesnt really matter which one you use.

From a custom tune standpoint, pick your tuner, then use what they are most comfortable with.

MHD has the most custom features and best port injection and reflex integration currently.

But for people saying BM3 has more tables, thats not accurate at all. i have access to the entire ecu all the time as a tuner on MHD

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
not really. MHD has ReFlex integration, while BM3 does not. while MHD took forever to catch up, it is not the inferior tuning platform here
agreed
Sponsored