Heads Up Display on A91

A91JIN

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, FK8
I was wondering is the HUD unit in the 3.0 Premium models able to to be utilized in other Supra models. I’ve got an A91 and didn’t realize that was a thing until later.
Thanks
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I was wondering is the HUD unit in the 3.0 Premium models able to to be utilized in other Supra models. I’ve got an A91 and didn’t realize that was a thing until later.
Thanks
Are you talking about retrofitting hud into A91? Who knows what parameters you'd have to enable and switch harnesses for it to work properly...
Then is the windshield hud capable one?

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Thanks
Don’t know if you could retrofit one, but I would expect it to cost a pretty penny. Not a lot of functionality offered. It’s nice to have, but I wouldn’t personally bother adding it after the fact. I also wear polarized sunglasses during the day which makes it hard to see.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
I have it and I don’t even use it. I still look at the speedometer. ?

BadCat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have it and I don’t even use it. I still look at the speedometer. ?
Thats funny.. I use it all the time. Love it, especially when the GPS is on. Everyone is different.

I do hate that these cars don't come with Android auto stock. I'm looking to get that added.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Man I love the HUD. My Camaro and Corvette had it. I didn’t eve pan realize the Supra had it until a test drive.

MaxFn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, 2012 RAV4 V6 Sport
I think it requires a different windshield to reflect the HUD image. somebody can likely see if the Windshield Part number is differrent.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I have it and I don't even use it. I still look at the speedometer. ?
Im the complete opposite; I'm so used to it I'm now uncomfortable driving a car without HUD
Granted, I have been using it since 2017

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Supra HUD windshield information from 2020.
Supra HUD Windshield.jpg

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2020_Supra-Coupe-Premium/Windshield-Glass/78432161/56111WAA04.html
with heads up display

NON HUD version is WAA02 !!! So there is definitely 2 different part numbers!
https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2020_Supra/Windshield-Glass/78432160/56111WAA02.html

Despite the lack of rpm, etc. information on the HUD I always used it. Don't have to look down to see how fast I'm flying past a cop :eek::D also on the few times where I used BMW Nav, the directions displayed were great.

And comparing with the X6 HUD, which has a lot more info and larger, I can tell you that at crappy roads when I want to see which side of the road to avoid, hud is somewhat in my way, no matter how bright or how vertically position it is. Day to day no issues.
Primary difference from Supra is even if you're on iPhone or Android maps/G Maps/Waze, it will show you directions on the hud...

Supra could have surely come with a shifter light... but I think ZF is so great, it probably would only make sense to a few autocrossing people..

Last edited: