HKS Dual Muffler vs Akrapovic Evolution line

Kenny Koo

First Name
Keny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR SUPRA 3.0
Just like the title, I'm comparing between HKS Dual Muffler vs Akrapovic Evolution line.

I already have Akra evolution line on my car with Amrytrix catless downpipe but I'm somewhat not satisfied with the volume of the exhaust.

Will HKS Dual Muffler (not the turbo muffler) sound louder than the Akra? And does HKS one have a higher pitch than the Akrapovic?

If you guys have an option to choose between the two? which one you guys will choose and why?

1. Akrapovic Evolution line with Armytirx catless downpipe

2. HKS Dual Muffler with Armytrix Catless downpipe
Sponsored

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
The HKS is a pretty refined and reserved catback exhaust, as is the Akrapovic. The HKS has more low-end growl and body though, but I don't think it would be a huge jump in volume from the Akrapovic.

For a bigger jump in volume, some aggressive dual-tip exhausts would be the AWE Track or Magnaflow X-Mod, or for single exit I would look into SP1-R. Or you could pair your Armytrix catless downpipe with the Armytrix catback for the full system.

If you just care about it being loud, Tomei has options for both dual and single, but I find it to be too droney and raspy.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Just like the title, I'm comparing between HKS Dual Muffler vs Akrapovic Evolution line.

I already have Akra evolution line on my car with Amrytrix catless downpipe but I'm somewhat not satisfied with the volume of the exhaust.

Will HKS Dual Muffler (not the turbo muffler) sound louder than the Akra? And does HKS one have a higher pitch than the Akrapovic?

If you guys have an option to choose between the two? which one you guys will choose and why?

1. Akrapovic Evolution line with Armytirx catless downpipe

2. HKS Dual Muffler with Armytrix Catless downpipe
I run the HKS and in my opinion it gives the b58 a much deeper growl to it and not raspy like other exhausts it is the best sound out of all the exhausts that i was looking at and best thing is that it is not super loud either

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
My old set up with HKS hi power/catless DP.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
AWE Touring.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The HKS dual is definitely gonna be louder than the Akra. My friend has the Akra and he also finds it be somewhat muted.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yes the HKS will be louder than the Akrapovic but it may not be loud enough for what you want either. Look at maybe the Borla as a good next step up. We have them all in stock and can help you out.

-Josh

CFactor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Check out the Dinan exhaust. Love mine.