Hks exhausts claim

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
You’d definitely need a lot of curiously cool stickers to get that kind of HP gain. My experience is that a single sticker is worth maybe 5 - 7hp and maybe +3 charisma.

So, optimistic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
You’d definitely need a lot of curiously cool stickers to get that kind of HP gain. My experience is that a single sticker is worth maybe 5 - 7hp and maybe +3 charisma.

So, optimistic.
i always operated by each sticker is a 10hp gain 15 if its a supra sticker

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Its all in the wording. It doesn't say it adds +30 hp to the peak value. As can be seen in the CES video posted above the peak gain is almost nothing, however at the top end there was a +30 whp gain with the exhaust over the stock exhaust. It only extended the torque curve, which in effect carried the HP longer. The peak HP was at about 5500 RPM (i think). At stock boost, I am not sure this holds true, but when the boost is pushed higher with piggy back OR tune, the decreased backpressure in the turbine housing, can cause more power to be made.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Now I don't know why any OE would do this other than emission restrictions, but if OEM was to be so restrictive, then aftermarket exhaust with much less restrictions could add 50 :)
What does the engine-dyno say?
I don't know if Papadakis engine-dyno'ed it before fiddling around with the engine. Have to watch it again.

ThicWhips

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thicf30.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Its all in the wording. It doesn't say it adds +30 hp to the peak value. As can be seen in the CES video posted above the peak gain is almost nothing, however at the top end there was a +30 whp gain with the exhaust over the stock exhaust. It only extended the torque curve, which in effect carried the HP longer. The peak HP was at about 5500 RPM (i think). At stock boost, I am not sure this holds true, but when the boost is pushed higher with piggy back OR tune, the decreased backpressure in the turbine housing, can cause more power to be made.
You aren't wrong. However, even if we assume they are making 50hp in peak rpms...that's still massive. Either way, I'd love to see the data.

Cruzinbill

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Supra
Doesn't Europe and Japan have a more restrictive exhaust than the U.S. I know I saw something about them having a different mid pipe or something like that. Perhaps it was designed with one of those systems as the base reference and they were able to pull out 30hp peak somewhere. Granted, it's doubtful without a tune, but really if you are wanting to make power then exhaust is a complete waste of money to do it on this car. Exhaust is more for sound than anything else, where downpipe and tune cost about the same as a catback and makes power.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Food for thought, maybe HKS put their exhaust on a 2021 Supra and then compared it to the 2020 model's dyno. results. Thus, dyno proven. Crazy, maybe but good for sales!
Sponsored