HKS HI-POWER exhaust

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Found this from a Facebook group. But if your still looking for HKS exhaust this was the best price I found so far.

78862743-93D8-467E-9B97-3BBE35242963.png
I emailed them to ask if they have it in stock, they replied to me that they put the wrong price. They quoted me $2700 shipped. Easy pass . Has anybody ordered from this site or ordered this exhaust from them and paid $1979? Just curious.
Sponsored

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems fishy then. Not sure why they would say posted the wrong price and expect $2700 When vivid racing and the others are selling @ $2200. Their price was inline with what everyone else had they just magically had a coupon code that took the price down. Sorry about that guys. Figured the price was decent.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I think at this point my best option is to get a downpipes and just weld on some HKS lookalike tips on the rear :rolleyes1:

Dick

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I think at this point my best option is to get a downpipes and just weld on some HKS lookalike tips on the rear :rolleyes1:
You're not far off. Recently installed a catted downpipe (powerneedy) and the sound is maybe 95% there vs. most of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard online (even equal or better than some I've heard). There is definitely a notable difference in exhaust sound even with a catted downpipe -- might find that is all you need.

Also, after adding a high flow DP, how much more HP/TQ improvement would you even get with an aftermarket exhaust? Very little from what I understand. As much as I can talk my self into spending money on dumb shit -- even I have to admit to myself its not worth $2.5K. Better to add a $400 cold air intake.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You're not far off. Recently installed a catted downpipe (powerneedy) and the sound is maybe 95% there vs. most of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard online (even equal or better than some I've heard). There is definitely a notable difference in exhaust sound even with a catted downpipe -- might find that is all you need.

Also, after adding a high flow DP, how much more HP/TQ improvement would you even get with an aftermarket exhaust? Very little from what I understand. As much as I can talk my self into spending money on dumb shit -- even I have to admit to myself its not worth $2.5K. Better to add a $400 cold air intake.
Agreed I'm thinking of doing active autowerke catted downpipes for the no CEL and that should be all I need, I saw HKS claims their cat-back exhaust adds like 30 hp at the wheels but there's no way lol

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Agreed I'm thinking of doing active autowerke catted downpipes for the no CEL and that should be all I need, I saw HKS claims their cat-back exhaust adds like 30 hp at the wheels but there's no way lol
Since that is my exact setup... AA catted DP, HKS catback, installed in that order.

After the DP install, noise-wise, minimal change. Performance wise, small but noticeable change.
After exhaust install, noise-wise, note change and substantially louder, Performance wise, similarly small but noticeable change.

N.b. AU/JP/EU stock muffler is different from the US one (which is a little louder), so the noise increase may not be as large.
I did not dyno, after each mod, only plan to do so after I change the intake (from my other cars, I find intake usually has the least performance impact). Tune is also stock, until I change intake.

DP is definitely better value for power, catted/not. Stock exhaust is pretty good on the car TBH.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Happy camper here lolll

B6B455A8-8641-49F9-96AA-DA6790A8E292.jpeg
Very Nice!! 2 boxes of fun. Why does your car look a little round? It hasn't been getting out enough due to quarantine? ;)

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Planning to do the same. Stock exhaust is super loud already with a catless DP and Bootmod3 AGG.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Planning to do the same. Stock exhaust is super loud already with a catless DP and Bootmod3 AGG.
The HKS isnt much louder. it just completely changes the tone. The burbles at low RPM don't sound as syntheic and have this deep bubbly feeling to it. Its hard to really record on camera. I have one on my personal supra. After hearing HKS's shop car it was an easy buy. I also have tested it on the dyno and unles you are pushing the turbo to the absolute edge it is in single digital HP numbers of gain. The factory calibration however may be different.

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The HKS isnt much louder. it just completely changes the tone. The burbles at low RPM don't sound as syntheic and have this deep bubbly feeling to it. Its hard to really record on camera. I have one on my personal supra. After hearing HKS's shop car it was an easy buy. I also have tested it on the dyno and unles you are pushing the turbo to the absolute edge it is in single digital HP numbers of gain. The factory calibration however may be different.
Sound clips please. I only saw 2 videos on YT. And can you tell us if u have a catless or high flow dp. Thanks!

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sound clips please. I only saw 2 videos on YT. And can you tell us if u have a catless or high flow dp. Thanks!
I shoud have some video somewhere, let me get a little caught up on some tunes and then ill reach out to someone that recorded it when i first installed it. =)

Also mind you, it is quite hard to capture the tone very well. I'll see if my phone can even pick it up when i drive next to see if i can capture the deep low speed burble settings i have in my tune.

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I shoud have some video somewhere, let me get a little caught up on some tunes and then ill reach out to someone that recorded it when i first installed it. =)

Also mind you, it is quite hard to capture the tone very well. I'll see if my phone can even pick it up when i drive next to see if i can capture the deep low speed burble settings i have in my tune.
I Appreciate it!

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I Appreciate it!
I had someone record this, and threw it on the dyno just to get sound under load and I have to say it really doesn't catch the lower frequencies. There is a deep tone you feel in your chest when you down shift. Here is what they recorded though:

The only part that is similar is the idle you can kind of hear the deep tones. But once it was under load it kept killing the mic levels. I remember he kept having to adjust to pick it up. HKS video on my home stereo sounds deeper thanks video. And HKS official video still doesnt sound as deep as my car in person.

Also the car has gotten deeper after some mileage on the exhaust.

Last edited: