eastwest2300

eastwest2300

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
QX70
My catback just shipped! It's the Super Turbo rather than the Hi Power, but it had similar lead time issues. I ordered it back in August and it finally shipped today
This is great news, congrats dude.. I got word mine might arrive by february... *sad face*
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I love mine. Got it earlier this year and it was worth the wait :)
I had to wait too, but well worth the wait. Great tone, no drone, and butt meter indicates an nice increase in power through-out the rpm range. Very happy!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I had to wait too, but well worth the wait. Great tone, no drone, and butt meter indicates an nice increase in power through-out the rpm range. Very happy!
Get your butt meter recalibrated. The stock exhaust flows freely. ;)

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get your butt meter recalibrated. The stock exhaust flows freely. ;)
Funny, how do you calibrate your butt? HKS has a larger diameter exhaust than stock and will flow better than stock.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny, how do you calibrate your butt? HKS has a larger diameter exhaust than stock and will flow better than stock.
You will not realize any HP gains (backpressure is pretty close to bang on w/ stock exhaust) with the stock turbo on an upgraded exhaust on this car. Downpipe, yes. It's restrictive.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
You will not realize any HP gains (backpressure is pretty close to bang on w/ stock exhaust) with the stock turbo on an upgraded exhaust on this car. Downpipe, yes. It's restrictive.
Plenty of dynos showing that you do get good gains with a catback on a stage 2 car, upwards of 30 whp. Not at the peak though, mostly at the top end of the RPM range, it just keeps the power from dropping off as quickly near redline and widens the powerband.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, but Speed Industry and HKS will disagree...my next improvement with be catted down pipe. Your thoughts and what would you recommend?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, but Speed Industry and HKS will disagree...my next improvement with be catted down pipe. Your thoughts and what would you recommend?
I mean, ok. Dyno's will vary 10-15hp run to run given IATs, weather, etc. etc. Show me consistent 1/4 mile improvements and I'll be impressed.

As far as sound goes, I went aFe for the exhaust. Really high-quality exhaust with great fitment and leverages the factory valve if that's your sorta thing.

Downpipes are pipes. I went with the MAPerformance catted downpipe. There is a difference between the quality of cats in downpipes. MAP uses a GESI 200 cell cat, doesn't throw a CEL and flows very well.

Catless is a different story. It's just a pipe. Get whatever is available.
Sponsored