New Exhaust Ordered (VR Racing Titanium Cat-Back) Pics and Videos to Follow

Late-Apex

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have the exhaust valve rattle too. It's pretty bad on cold start, but also rattles with the valve open at around 3k-3300 rpm. So far Vivid Racing has been no help and isn't communicating much with me. I've been able to get one person on the phone and they said a technical support person would call back... that was 3 business days ago and the lines are too busy since.

Did Vivid Racing help you fix the problem?
They sent me a replacement rear axle back section to replace the rattling flapper within a week. They only asked for a video for the noise. It was very bad, my car literally sounded broken but the replacement sounds great and I have no issues.
Sponsored

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
They sent me a replacement rear axle back section to replace the rattling flapper within a week. They only asked for a video for the noise. It was very bad, my car literally sounded broken but the replacement sounds great and I have no issues.
Cool, I'm trying to work with them but they won't friggin' get back to me.

Otherwise, I love the way the exhaust sounds when I want it loud, but I'm a little disappointed in the muffle side, it's almost no difference in volume at all. I was hoping I could start it up on early/quite mornings without the neighbors hearing the car.

Thanks for the reply!

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Cool, I'm trying to work with them but they won't friggin' get back to me.

Otherwise, I love the way the exhaust sounds when I want it loud, but I'm a little disappointed in the muffle side, it's almost no difference in volume at all. I was hoping I could start it up on early/quite mornings without the neighbors hearing the car.

Thanks for the reply!
I had this exhaust and hated it. Fitment issues galore, one exhaust tip longer than the other, mid-pipe was touching the rear diff, rattling, squealing at low speed, and wayyyy too loud with a tune and catless downpipe. The tone wasn't bad and It was funny and entertaining to hear though. Instantly removed it and spent 2 months trying to ship it back and get a store credit. An actual nightmare of a process and terrible customer service. They were knowingly sending "test fit" units that weren't production ready, as they tried to get me to accept replacement pieces to "fix" it like they had done with previous customers. Ordered the resonated touring catback from AWE instead, which is what I should have done to begin with. This is cheap chinese junk that can be ordered on Ali-Express (not even kidding).

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was recent laying under the car and I’m trying to understand how the mid-pipe could be anywhere near the rear diff. That sounds like a nightmare. I can’t believe it even got installed being so far off.
I think one of the mid-pipe sections was either too long or too short, so we had to wrestle it into place which caused it to be butting up against the top section and severely to the right, all the way back to the rear diff. There was no other way for it to fit in place. My dad has a lift in his shop and we've installed 20+ exhausts on different cars of mine and others and this was by far the worst one we've ever done.

exhaust2.jpg
exhaust.jpg

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forgive my goofy reactions but it was very comical and the video doesn't really do the loudness justice. It was literally echoing through the trees. I could still hear the car over a mile down the road (he kept going after the video ended and I still heard it popping). You can also hear the squealing when he turns out of the driveway onto the road. We never figured out what part of the exhaust was causing that, but it completely went away after we put the stock exhaust back on later that night. I actually really liked the tone of the exhaust, but everything else about it was bad.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
@wfujay thats a shame fitment was trash, considering the cost.

When you say you took it off, will you be returning/replacing? Or just getting rid of it all together?

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@wfujay thats a shame fitment was trash, considering the cost.

When you say you took it off, will you be returning/replacing? Or just getting rid of it all together?
I took it off the same night. It was that bad. Vivid tried to give me a hard time about wanting a store credit because I installed it, but you can't look at an exhaust and know there are going to be fitment issues without doing just that. Once I argued my point, they reluctantly agreed, but customer service sure did slow down, which was the complete opposite of when they knew I was interested in buying It. It ended up being about a two month long process and they've finally placed my AWE order, which will probably take another month or so to be delivered I'd imagine.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I took it off the same night. It was that bad. Vivid tried to give me a hard time about wanting a store credit because I installed it, but you can't look at an exhaust and know there are going to be fitment issues without doing just that. Once I argued my point, they reluctantly agreed, but customer service sure did slow down, which was the complete opposite of when they knew I was interested in buying It. It ended up being about a two month long process and they've finally placed my AWE order, which will probably take another month or so to be delivered I'd imagine.
That's SUPER disappointing, especially considering it was their quality control issue and not your fault for finding out the hard way lol

good thing you got a new one on the way at least! :thumbsup:

Late-Apex

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I am really disappointed with my exhaust, I didn't have any fitment issues but once again my exhaust flap started rattling terribly on cold starts. Vivid has already replaced the rear section once so I'm sure they won't do much for me at this point.

My final verdict, just buy anything else.

ccuz2844

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Black
Can’t wait for your pics and review. I just noticed this exhaust and added it my list of potential purchases. My top four are this one, afe, awe and koosk. My main concern for the vivid exhaust is the alignment of the exhaust tips. They look way too tucked in on the YouTube clips.
you should look at Ark Performance Exhaust

OP
OP
slobra300

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
I've been running this exhaust for several months with no issues. IMHO it sounds great and I routinely get compliments on it. If I feel like being an old man I just put it in quiet mode and it's very docile.

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
installed mine last month and sounds like nickels in a coffee can until valve opens up. Been too busy to reach out, but based on my experience with their customer service, it will probably be a year before I get an answer. To say their customer service blows would be an understatement.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
installed mine last month and sounds like nickels in a coffee can until valve opens up. Been too busy to reach out, but based on my experience with their customer service, it will probably be a year before I get an answer. To say their customer service blows would be an understatement.
Damn that sucks. That much rattling is dissuading me pretty badly.
Sponsored