RenierR10

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Did you guys, running the HKS touring kit, also needed to modify the ride height sensor?

(to prevent traction control to automatically come back on when you disable it?)
So that’s why that happens ‍♂

Suprafast

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra (White)
Anyone know where can I order the bump stop? I wanna keep a set spare, just in case. before I install the HKS Spring kit HAHA

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
anyone else getting binding noise from the spring kit? Put the rubbers on the spring but still getting the binding when turning when station.

liquid_doji

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13' BRZ
Installed these on mine the other day. Definitely no codes thrown (as others have explained, you're not touching any electronics).

Note that the instructions do tell you to cut off one of the parts of the factory bump stop though, which is not something I was aware of when buying them. Not the end of the world as its only a bit of foam like material and I'm sure you could buy a replacement stock one pretty easily if for some reason you ever wanted to put it all back to stock.

Bump stop before:

MVI_1333.MP4.00_00_26_05.Still001.jpg

Bump stop after:

MVI_1333.MP4.00_00_54_28.Still002.jpg

Anyway, first impressions:

Very little change to the overall ride quality. Can't really tell any difference from stock when driving it on the road (even on bumpy back roads and drifting it round roundabouts in the rain - felt just like before). I'll be taking it to the track this weekend though so will see how it handles there.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm really struggling to change the ride height now they are on the car. On the front I can't even get the locking collar to undo and on the rear once I got the locking collar undone, the whole threaded assembly just spins as I try to turn the height adjustment perch. This is with it up on a lift and the suspension is at full droop, but I'm thinking the springs are probably still putting a bit of pressure on the perches so will try putting some spring clamps on them soon to relieve the tension then try again.
I had the HKS set installed this past weekend and I'm surprised you can't tell any difference stock vs post-install. To me, the car feels significantly stiffer and I can feel the bumps etc. Not in a horrible way, as the car feels more responsive, but it defintitely wasn't as cushy as comfort mode used to be. My car for some reason threw a chassis code, and I'm still trying to figure out why. Cheers!

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I had the HKS set installed this past weekend and I'm surprised you can't tell any difference stock vs post-install. To me, the car feels significantly stiffer and I can feel the bumps etc. Not in a horrible way, as the car feels more responsive, but it defintitely wasn't as cushy as comfort mode used to be. My car for some reason threw a chassis code, and I'm still trying to figure out why. Cheers!
If you didn't disconnect the cables from the shocks before working on the suspension, you may have stretched the cable internally and broke the wire on the inside.

liquid_doji

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13' BRZ
If you didn't disconnect the cables from the shocks before working on the suspension, you may have stretched the cable internally and broke the wire on the inside.
It ended up being a height sensor that got a little loose on the rear. Rides perfect just as you described now. Thanks

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Is it still more stiff now?
Or cant you tell it was installed?

i really dont want the car to be any stiffer as i’ve mounted a bucketseat and even with stock setup it now feels very stiff for my back.

liquid_doji

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13' BRZ
Is it still more stiff now?
Or cant you tell it was installed?

i really dont want the car to be any stiffer as i’ve mounted a bucketseat and even with stock setup it now feels very stiff for my back.
Ride quality is similar to stock (comfort mode). Sport mode it stiffens up a decent amount. There a more noticeable difference between the modes now. Hope this helps :)

When my sensor got disconnected, my car was stuck in "sport mode" all the time. So it was relatively stiff for daily driving. But now with no EDC issues, im good.

prevue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300 Toyota GR Supra
Any of you have uneven ride height? I just installed my HKS springs and the passenger rear side is .5 inches taller than the driver side rears. All of the adjustable perches are set at the lowest setting.

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
Any of you have uneven ride height? I just installed my HKS springs and the passenger rear side is .5 inches taller than the driver side rears. All of the adjustable perches are set at the lowest setting.
I do/did not have this issue.

Wangman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type R, Supra
Same here. I noticed that too. Not sure if that's normal or if we should just raise the driver's side slightly
Sponsored