How’s the damage?

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
I was in stop and go traffic, I was stopped, he was going. No airbags and I drove it home so nothing really mechanical that I can tell.
Also, since my car will now have an accident reported, do I get any compensation due to the now lowered value of my car? How does that work?
Anyone ever seen a plate stuck in a car before?
46C5145D-D410-4C79-9967-06B256F29638.jpeg

A2E815A4-8C68-45F3-98A4-598BC53951AE.jpeg
Don’t forget your wip-lash, ptsd and loss of earnings

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Oof yikes, this could actually be totaled, I think everyone is a little low on estimates, the paint alone due to blending is going to be pricey, I would say on the low end 10-12k, with the high end being 20k+, a good Diminished value attorney should also be able to get at least 8-10k in dv for an accident like this. but ya seeing how the quarter pannel buckled and shifted, I would prob air on the side of caution and take as many mods off, and have it totaled and either get yourself into a new supra, or whatever it is you want.
absolutely this…..

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I was in stop and go traffic, I was stopped, he was going. No airbags and I drove it home so nothing really mechanical that I can tell.
Also, since my car will now have an accident reported, do I get any compensation due to the now lowered value of my car? How does that work?
Anyone ever seen a plate stuck in a car before?
46C5145D-D410-4C79-9967-06B256F29638.jpeg

A2E815A4-8C68-45F3-98A4-598BC53951AE.jpeg
Fucking Washington drivers man. I've heard good things about Bel-Kirk in Kirkland and they're on the list @romanLegion9574 mentioned. Though the last time I tried to get an estimate, it was nearly a month wait. Good luck and wishing the best outcome!

Carmelo Iverson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
it's always the left lane that goes to a complete stop abruptly. After my accident, I either change lane if possible, or start flashing my hazards cuz these ppl do not pay attention, and they think they got the best brakes.

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Alright y’all, here’s the first estimate. She said it is very likely to “go up substantially” once they start taking pieces off. A few shops turned me down simply because they haven’t worked on the new Supras, a few others said they don’t have a unibody jig if they need it. Thoughts?

E5B61242-F891-46A5-B349-FCE749FB6111.jpeg

A4258C76-50B6-4CD2-A520-9282B846641F.jpeg

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Alright y’all, here’s the first estimate. She said it is very likely to “go up substantially” once they start taking pieces off. A few shops turned me down simply because they haven’t worked on the new Supras, a few others said they don’t have a unibody jig if they need it. Thoughts?

E5B61242-F891-46A5-B349-FCE749FB6111.jpeg

A4258C76-50B6-4CD2-A520-9282B846641F.jpeg
Seems close

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
If you were closer I'd tell you to go to Fix Auto in Puyallup, I've dealt with them several times and they're good. This is exactly why I avoid Seattle like the plague! I fucking HATE Seattle!

Mine was estimated 30k in damages they didn’t total it. You should be okay

71045945267__E941A2F7-30E0-400C-B8EC-4527476C3DC8.jpeg

71045929583__94B1C896-9A41-463A-AB8E-6AD4E5794CA6.jpeg

71045932317__479F0AB3-C177-46C3-9F3D-34E7415F44E6.jpeg

IMG_6694.jpeg

And what the FUCK did you do? Did you go high speed off-roading?

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
If you were closer I'd tell you to go to Fix Auto in Puyallup, I've dealt with them several times and they're good. This is exactly why I avoid Seattle like the plague! I fucking HATE Seattle!

I wasn’t satisfied with the landscape work the state provided.

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger

Cheers for the rec, just spoke to them and will likely stop by next week to get an estimate from them.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Sheesh. Mine got finalized at 4k. Should have it back end of next week 🙏🏻

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
@PNWDMM estimate looks solid. Pretty much everything I expected. Glad the quarters ended up clean. Some minor repairs from where the hatch popped them probably. One thing I should have mentioned earlier, make sure the shop you choose has a dedicated spot welder for replacing that rear panel. The machines should be standard equipment at most shops now but they’re 40k+ for a lot of the models so some still just do it by hand.

Missing OEM style spot welds are a dead giveaway some major work was done.

something like this.
C5316DF6-E124-4D69-8E0A-2084B4E624A1.jpeg

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Picking up from the bodyshop tomorrow. Will advise on actual cost but estimate was around $12k. Parts and repair was surprisingly quick but insurance (other drivers) has been lagging, and trying not to pay the bodyshop. We’re being allowed to take the vehicle while they battle.
We’ll also be chasing a diminished value claim - I’ll be watching your progress, and will share ours. Was quoted $400 for a “diminished value report,” as completed by an insurance adjuster that switched teams and runs a business specializing in this (recommended by a body shop we trust). That’s pre-attorney involvement.

Good luck!

OP
OP
PNWDMM

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Picking up from the bodyshop tomorrow. Will advise on actual cost but estimate was around $12k. Parts and repair was surprisingly quick but insurance (other drivers) has been lagging, and trying not to pay the bodyshop. We’re being allowed to take the vehicle while they battle.
We’ll also be chasing a diminished value claim - I’ll be watching your progress, and will share ours. Was quoted $400 for a “diminished value report,” as completed by an insurance adjuster that switched teams and runs a business specializing in this (recommended by a body shop we trust). That’s pre-attorney involvement.

Good luck!
What was your experience with getting parts timeline wise? Thanks for the info, seems like everyone in Seattle area is confused and/or doesn’t know what to do with a potentially totaled Supra. I’m still talking to body shops and are probably at around 20. Most have estimates scheduled out a month or two.

For the diminished value, you have to coordinate that yourself? I guess I’m worried I’m going to have to fight back and forth with them to prove what I think the difference is.

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What was your experience with getting parts timeline wise? Thanks for the info, seems like everyone in Seattle area is confused and/or doesn’t know what to do with a potentially totaled Supra. I’m still talking to body shops and are probably at around 20. Most have estimates scheduled out a month or two.

For the diminished value, you have to coordinate that yourself? I guess I’m worried I’m going to have to fight back and forth with them to prove what I think the difference is.
I had anticipated a long wait, and even asked the shop if they’d mind me pulling parts for Femto during the downtime. They assured me it’d be quick and that most all parts were easily available.
The parts did come quickly but their painter had a delay and the insurance was being troublesome, so there were some delays there.
Another item to consider, that may or may not be fixed now. Toyota had the wrong part # assigned, or there was a mix-up somewhere, and a second bumper had to be acquired that was pre-drilled; the first was not.

Regarding diminished value-
I’ve spoken to a guy whose business is diminished value assessments - recommend by the bodyshop. He quoted me his price but encouraged me to try getting a payout on my own, and only paying him if required. I will climb that hill this coming week and keep you posted. 🤞
Sponsored