How can I get my door panels to stop rattling?

561Supra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
This issue has been driving me nuts to the point where I'm ready to sell the car back haha. About a month into ownership, BOTH door panels have this rattle/buzz sound that comings from the door lock area. If I press down or punch it a few times, it stops. This occurs on both door panels and sound identical which makes me think this is some defect with how they designed the door. If it's something around the locks, is there anyway to fix this without removing both my door panels? Here is a video of what I hear 24/7 while driving unless the road is freshly resurfaced. It drives me absolutely nuts!

Also, on WOT in sport, there's a loud metallic vibration that comes from the center console area of my car, any ideas?
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had the door panels off a few months ago working on the speakers and while they were off I applied a 1/4" adhesive backed foam pad under the door lock plunger rod area (see pic below) which stabilized the rod and fixed the plunger rattle issue....

door plunger rattle fix.jpg

OP
OP

561Supra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
I had the door panels off a few months ago working on the speakers and while they were off I applied a 1/4" adhesive backed foam pad under the door lock plunger rod area (see pic below) which stabilized the rod and fixed the plunger rattle issue....

How hard was it to pop the door cards off? Any damage occur?

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Hope my car doesnt start doing this but if it does thx for the tip.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Yeah my right door is starting to rattle also. The one in the trunk resolved itself tho :rolleyes:

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P

This didnā€™t work for me.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This didnā€™t work for me.
sorry to hear...it surely fixed my issue I had with the plunger rattling....while you had the door panel off did you inspect some other surrounding areas?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
sorry to hear...it surely fixed my issue I had with the plunger rattling....while you had the door panel off did you inspect some other surrounding areas?
I saw a BMW thread where they applied gummi pflege/shin etsu to all the door clips. I may do that too and see if it helps

I had my door panel off several times and nothing there really rattles. Makes me believe it's coming from the seat belt b pillar area inside of the trims.

My rattle doesn't go away after holding down the door lock plunger.
Sponsored

Last edited: