How long before I could install a catless DP in miles?

OP
OP
Supr@Freak23

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
My friend the only thing in the car's electronics notice, is more flow going out, so it gives an error CEL, but doesnt have any timming repercussions like you would if you had a CEL coming from the map sensor in the intake. SO Basically your giving your engine some exlax to it, as with the catted OEM Down Pipe, the engine feels constipated.Once your engine breathes in & out better, everything else mechanically works in harmony and better, remember its only there for emmisions/testing/compliance with state laws etc.
Cheers
Supr@freak23
12HLnboxOMAPCw.gif
Sponsored

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
My friend the only thing in the car's electronics notice, is more flow going out, so it gives an error CEL, but doesnt have any timming repercussions like you would if you had a CEL coming from the map sensor in the intake. SO Basically your giving your engine some exlax to it, as with the catted OEM Down Pipe, the engine feels constipated.Once your engine breathes in & out better, everything else mechanically works in harmony and better, remember its only there for emmisions/testing/compliance with state laws etc.
Cheers
Supr@freak23
It’s not about the engine code, it’s about potentially running lean under WOT and causing detonation. You’re improving airflow without improving fueling.... but to each their own. I will definitely be installing a tune at the same time as the downpipe.

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
You jinxed me LMMAO! I got the cel today! Ohhh well I knew it, I will just live with it until I get the tune done!
Hello,
mine is still Stock and i only have 780Miles on it. i am planing to change to Catless DP. my question to you is does it increase Horse Power without Tune ? and does it decrease in Gas Mileage ? I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this. I am nervous in changing Parts but, somewhere in my mind it says to Change it :)
Thank you
Pritesh. from NJ.

OP
OP
Supr@Freak23

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
mine is still Stock and i only have 780Miles on it. i am planing to change to Catless DP. my question to you is does it increase Horse Power without Tune ? and does it decrease in Gas Mileage ? I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this. I am nervous in changing Parts but, somewhere in my mind it says to Change it :)
Thank you
Pritesh. from NJ.
I havent done Dyno testings before and after, forgetting about HP or Torque for a second, it does give you 3 times better sound, eliminating the need to purchase a catback 4 shoo, and combined with an intake, you will surely improve flow all over the engines powerband, achieving better response and for sure HP & TQ, the question is how much.Im sure people here have taken theirs A90s to Dyno runs after each mod, to document progress, nothing noticeable on the gas comsumtion ,other than an increase due to the driver stepping on it more to increase a smile on their faces and breaking a few necks out there while driving on the road!!
Lmmao

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
I havent done Dyno testings before and after, forgetting about HP or Torque for a second, it does give you 3 times better sound, eliminating the need to purchase a catback 4 shoo, and combined with an intake, you will surely improve flow all over the engines powerband, achieving better response and for sure HP & TQ, the question is how much.Im sure people here have taken theirs A90s to Dyno runs after each mod, to document progress, nothing noticeable on the gas comsumtion ,other than an increase due to the driver stepping on it more to increase a smile on their faces and breaking a few necks out there while driving on the road!!
Lmmao
:) lol, Thanks alot for your response. i do have a plan on installing aftermarket Intake (Tubing, sensors) and Air Filter.
Sponsored