How much a mark-up price could be fair??

edwinjrivera

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK 5
HI, first time posting, I just want to know how much is a fair mark-up price for a A91 blue? Currently Toyota is asking me for a $12k over MSRP for that car. Just want to know if is worth it and what your that already have the car think??
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Last month or two, no markups at all. Most folks are getting a decent discount. Minimum of $1500 off (the Toyota rebate amount) up to some really great deals, $4000-6000 off of MSRP.

If you're dealer is asking for *any* markup over MSRP, just laugh your way out of the door. Plenty of dealers will sell an A91 at discount today.

edit: Puerto Rico may be different, I have no idea...

OP
OP
edwinjrivera

edwinjrivera

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK 5
Last month or two, no markups at all. Most folks are getting a decent discount. Minimum of $1500 off (the Toyota rebate amount) up to some really great deals, $4000-6000 off of MSRP.
Yes I had read that but here in Puerto Rico dealership thinks they have gold on the cars ?.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Yes I had read that but here in Puerto Rico dealership thinks they have gold on the cars ?.
Here in PR there's not much you can do for mark-up price unfortunately. I was on the hunt for one since they arrived, finally found a "good price" but it is mark-up price. That's the same with any other car, I was between getting a supra or the new IS300, until I realized that they are asking for the same price as an A91. Hell, there are even lots of used ones that are asking ridiculous prices too.

Went to a couple of dealers until I finally found one I was comfortable with. Good luck with your hunt. Hope you get to find one.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Cast your net wide and hope to catch a good deal. I would reach out to multiple dealerships and propose your sales price, the worst thing they can say is no. Donā€™t fall for the ā€œitā€™s a limited edition so markup reflects market valueā€ garbage. Patience is key my friend :thumbsup:

OP
OP
edwinjrivera

edwinjrivera

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK 5
Here in PR there's not much you can do for mark-up price unfortunately. I was on the hunt for one since they arrived, finally found a "good price" but it is mark-up price. That's the same with any other car, I was between getting a supra or the new IS300, until I realized that they are asking for the same price as an A91. Hell, there are even lots of used ones that are asking ridiculous prices too.

Went to a couple of dealers until I finally found one I was comfortable with. Good luck with your hunt. Hope you get to find one.
Yes I will, I hope is soon.

OP
OP
edwinjrivera

edwinjrivera

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK 5
Cast your net wide and hope to catch a good deal. I would reach out to multiple dealerships and propose your sales price, the worst thing they can say is no. Donā€™t fall for the ā€œitā€™s a limited edition so markup reflects market valueā€ garbage. Patience is key my friend :thumbsup:
Yes it is, hehe That's the same quote on every dealer jajaja You have to see my face. ?

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Yes it is, hehe That's the same quote on every dealer jajaja You have to see my face. ?
Lol, I know Iā€™ve heard that plenty of times when I tried buying a Civic Type R. Are there very many Toyota dealerships in PR? How many other Supras are within your radius?

OP
OP
edwinjrivera

edwinjrivera

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK 5
Lol, I know Iā€™ve heard that plenty of times when I tried buying a Civic Type R. Are there very many Toyota dealerships in PR? How many other Supras are within your radius?
Blues only one I have seen on the road, in dealers, jajaja almost in everyone. We have 78 municipalities and 40 of them has Toyota Dealers.

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
Blues only one I have seen on the road, in dealers, jajaja almost in everyone. We have 78 municipalities and 40 of them has Toyota Dealers.
You have Costco in PR. Ask for Costco price.