How much attention does your car get?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Got some attention from some teens on a date over the weekend; they were in a Jeep Liberty, so I gave them a few revs for some crackles and pops (locked ECU, not a crackle tune).

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
i KNEW something felt weird!

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I went OEM+ with my build, so it flies under the radar typically
IMG_1762.JPG
Definitely OEM+ build, the wheels say it all. Got to change your stock wheels already!

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Daily driver .... 10 mile round trip commute just outside DC. Almost every day something happens.

86 driver gives thumbs up. Construction guy goes "hell yeah". Neighborhood kids have watched me wash it. At a restaurant meeting friends, my buddy walks in and goes "kids taking pictures in front of your car". One guy drove past me stuck his phone out the window recording me. People taking selfies at a red light.

I've never owned a car like this before, and I was totally blown away the first time I saw and drove the car. It makes me smile how many people love seeing it.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Mines a stock white 3.0 with just an exhaust. Gets a ridiculous amount of attention even after years of the Supra being out. 90% of the time its some 15-20 year old kid saying "is that a Supra"

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I get comments a good bit. The funniest was an older guy dressed in scrubs early one morning when I was at the gas station. He was asking me about it, told me how nice it looked, and then said, "Pretty soon you're going to have a couple of kids at home and will need a back seat!" (I look young when clean shaven). I said "I have a couple of kids at home, it just has a pretty big trunk."

I think the best compliment I received was actually yesterday. I took it on a work trip - was a quick there-and-back during the day. I think this is only the 2nd time I've taken it anywhere for work. Guy at a gas station stood with me for about 10mins and BS'd. Loved it. Didn't know what it was. Had a bunch of questions. Cool and friendly interaction. I would have never expected that from a Vols fan in Knoxville. šŸ˜†

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Iā€™ve had good and bad experiences:
  • I wash it at one of those laser washes, a lot of car bros also wash their cars/trucks here along with normies. Everyone vacuums after they get washed and thatā€™s where all the shit happens. Iā€™ve had one truck burnout, another diesel burnout, V8 high revs, pops from 4 bangers, this is all while the car is turned off and Iā€™m vacuuming it. They do this as they are leaving, annoying but this didnā€™t happen when I had my IS350.
  • Same wash, had a dude cut the line and go straight to the back area, parked next to me, came out super aggressive stating he HAD to see my car, he saw it from the road and did some illegal shit to pull in. This happened more than once with different guys, the other was at a gas station, same aggressive walk up to look at the car. ā€œFirst time seeing one, had to pullover and look!ā€
  • Had kids doing bicycle wheelies next to my car in the city, asking me to rev. I do, some pops and they all lose their shit. Same time, some mustang was coming towards us, oncoming traffic, heard me rev, he straight pipe revs, kids started booā€™n the mustang saying they still want the Supra. I mean, they were yelling at the guy, he had his windows down, I laughed.
  • I still get talked to about the car once a week, every older guy used to own a Supra at some point apparently.
  • Had a few women say things but by far was when I first got it, it was hardly any on the road at this point, I still had temp tags. I donā€™t even think I had tint yet. Well, Iā€™m on the highway, going pretty fast but nothing crazy, maybe 20 above the speed limit. This TC comes screaming up next to me, girl hanging out the window, like head, shoulders, elbows etc. screaming, ā€œI REALLY LIKE YOUR CAR!!ā€ We were doing about 85, bitch is you crazy?! Gave her the nod and distanced myself.
  • Really aggressive trucks on the highway/streets. Pickup trucks are always trying to race. They rev on me the most. Is this common place for yā€™all as well?

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Daily driver .... 10 mile round trip commute just outside DC. Almost every day something happens.

86 driver gives thumbs up. Construction guy goes "hell yeah". Neighborhood kids have watched me wash it. At a restaurant meeting friends, my buddy walks in and goes "kids taking pictures in front of your car". One guy drove past me stuck his phone out the window recording me. People taking selfies at a red light.

I've never owned a car like this before, and I was totally blown away the first time I saw and drove the car. It makes me smile how many people love seeing it.
In this area, you donā€™t see many of us on the road, I barely see any other ones, maybe one every other two weeks? And I know 3 other owners in the area!

Funny enough, I work on Capitol Hill, last week I took it into the city for work, as Iā€™m pulling in, a white A90 pulled in right behind me to pull in. Two A90ā€™s pulling into congressional buildings, looked like we did it on purpose. The Capitol police looked confused for a sec. I wouldā€™ve loved to see a picture or video us pulling in. No real point to this, just thought it was cool to have a battle buddy at work.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
In this area, you donā€™t see many of us on the road, I barely see any other ones, maybe one every other two weeks? And I know 3 other owners in the area!

Funny enough, I work on Capitol Hill, last week I took it into the city for work, as Iā€™m pulling in, a white A90 pulled in right behind me to pull in. Two A90ā€™s pulling into congressional buildings, looked like we did it on purpose. The Capitol police looked confused for a sec. I wouldā€™ve loved to see a picture or video us pulling in. No real point to this, just thought it was cool to have a battle buddy at work.
my daughter works on Hill

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
I was at a friend's wedding the past weekend and drove the supra there. While the bride's father was giving his speech, her uncle decided it was a perfect time to quite literally sneak up behind me and talk to my about it despite the whole tent being dead silent šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Then after politely trying to break off the conversation the man stands up and walks infront of pretty much the whole crowd and sits back down at his table. God that was awkward šŸ˜…
Sponsored