How to install CF Roof spoiler

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
What do you guys use to install the rexspeed CF roof spoiler, I used 3M tape but this is about the 3rd time it unsticks.

I usually remove and reapply completely but it still happens all over again

any recommendations?

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg
Sponsored

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
Can you specify what ā€œhappens all over againā€?

Extrapolating, are you stating after numerous attempts, the air/light gap still is happening?

OP
OP
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt

Extrapolating, are you stating after numerous attempts, the air/light gap still is happening?

Correct

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
It is honestly because the shape of the spoiler is not correct to the rear of the car. Try to lay it on the car without the 3M tape and see where there are gaps - you might have to double up the tape in these areas to make it a bit thicker so it adheres without bending.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I would recommend requesting a replacement and hope the fitment is better.

That is bad fitment and unless you either sand down the center to conform the shape of the window better, or like double layer the 3m tape (which I don't recommend), it will keep unsticking over time, especially as it bakes in the sun and warms up.

Maybe you can find some thicker tape for the section that has the gap but once again, this comes down to poor fitment.

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
I purchased the Seibon roof spoiler with similar issues. (And in researching others with the Seibon roof spoiler have identical problems with fitment).

In attempting to adhere, I also found light/air gaps with numerous attempts of manipulation and couldnā€™t figure it out (with various gauges of 3M tape).

Proper adhesion was important because another owner chimed in with his roof spoiler falling off whilst driving.

In the end, I took it to a Bodyshop that advised even the best CF pieces because of their nature of being handmade will have variable differences.

For proper fitment they lightly sanded certain areas of the roof spoiler and used a combination of 3M tape and windshield silicone to adhere the spoiler to avoid any light gaps.
Sponsored