IAT too high, need help :(

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I believe that sensor 1# is what is feeding the reading in the hidden temp menu on the dash. That is where I saw the jump in idle/standing temps when I switched to the Dinan intake
I don't think so. What was it reading at WOT? if it went up a ton, then no.
Sponsored

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I don't think so. What was it reading at WOT? if it went up a ton, then no.
while idling a half Dozen or so degrees (C) over ambient. On WOT (while moving) it goes down to near-ish ambient. Slightly larger spread when having been on it and engine bay is hot

My observations was that the stock intake does a better job at pulling air from in front of the radiators while stationary, the Dinan pulls from behind. The spread between driving and stationary was notably different via the hidden temp gauge after the intake was installed.

Moves in real time-ish

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
while idling a half Dozen or so degrees (C) over ambient. On WOT (while moving) it goes down to near-ish ambient. Slightly larger spread when having been on it and engine bay is hot

My observations was that the stock intake does a better job at pulling air from in front of the radiators while stationary, the Dinan pulls from behind. The spread between driving and stationary was notably different via the hidden temp gauge after the intake was installed.

Moves in real time-ish
Okay if it drops to near ambient at WOT then it's most likely the sensor right after the intake filter and pre-turbo.

The OEM intake pulls from behind the right side headlight.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Okay if it drops to near ambient at WOT then it's most likely the sensor right after the intake filter and pre-turbo.

The OEM intake pulls from behind the right side headlight.
Yah the OEM airbox seals to the duct where the Dinan duct sit in front of it open to the bay.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Seems like it should be easy to A/B test by just using some painter's tape on the dinan box to seal it back up to the duct and close off the slots for a few WOT pulls.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
Just a thought - if anybody parks their car, you'll see the same thing. the coolant cooks when the car is parked with no airflow, so IATs will be high. Once you start driving, temps should go down.

If you are getting limp mode/drivetrain malfunction, post a scan of your code reader. It will show what the problem is.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Did the bleeding check. Did not see any bubble in my radiator tank and is at the max coolant level.
Do you have an independent BMW mechanic you trust? Worth their weight in gold if it becomes too hard to solve.
Sponsored