If it wasnt for the supra, what car to get????

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Well... I bought a Supra, bought a C8, bought a C7 Z06 M7. Tracked all 3. Sold the Supra.. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

That said, I will have another Supra -- a 6sp -- at some point, I'm sure. There's really nothing else in the 50-60k range that checks all of the boxes.
How does the supra compare to the C8 corvette??? Granted my supra isn't stock, it has a Mhd stage 2 tune so more power than stock, but how do they compare overall????
Sponsored

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is it high high highly specā€™d with special German paint though? If not, no care.

Don't forget the instrument cluster leather package
Most cars feel like tanks compared to a Miata! ;)

This was my MX5-RF...Nimble in the twisties but gutless as all hell...

Freshwaxrear.jpg
I've owned 4 Miatas and loved all of them. A great weekend car if you don't care about power. I'm getting too old and picky for them to be a good daily though. I'm sure I'll own another, maybe a NE as a weekend car.

Here are the NDs I owned...

IMG_20180721_090958_Original.jpeg

E7EA757E-F8BC-4306-8D1A-DAB2B2F94703_1_105_c.jpeg

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
How does the supra compare to the C8 corvette??? Granted my supra isn't stock, it has a Mhd stage 2 tune so more power than stock, but how do they compare overall????

The only thing they have in common is 4 wheels and a steering wheel. They are so completely different in every aspect. If you can give me some specifics I can compare/contrast. The C8 is a phenomenal road car/cruiser; if it had adaptive cruise control it would be nearly perfect. As far as straight line speed, Supra with a downpipe and tune on pump gas is pretty even. Ethanol tune and Supra is going to be a few MPH quicker. The aftermarket for the C8 is still in its infancy with tuning just now becoming available.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Don't forget the instrument cluster leather package

I've owned 4 Miatas and loved all of them. A great weekend car if you don't care about power. I'm getting too old and picky for them to be a good daily though. I'm sure I'll own another, maybe a NE as a weekend car.

Here are the NDs I owned...

IMG_20180721_090958_Original.jpeg

E7EA757E-F8BC-4306-8D1A-DAB2B2F94703_1_105_c.jpeg
So you're getting too old but you need a daily to drive to work every day? I retired two years ago and "don't need no stinking daily". However, when I was going to work every day, I was happy to drive my Miata or other car. Work was 22 minutes away with no traffic at 6 AM. It was a fun drive, for sure.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
So you're getting too old but you need a daily to drive to work every day? I retired two years ago and "don't need no stinking daily". However, when I was going to work every day, I was happy to drive my Miata or other car. Work was 22 minutes away with no traffic at 6 AM. It was a fun drive, for sure.
People have different levels of tolerance for super engaging driving experiences. Iā€™m not an old man, but Iā€™m definitely not young either. All I know is that my tolerance for on a hour each way commute in a loud and constantly engaging car has dropped quite a bit in recent years. I donā€™t see anything wrong with that. Iā€™d be lying if I said I didnā€™t miss top down drives on the way home from work already, but itā€™s a trade off I needed to make.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
People have different levels of tolerance for super engaging driving experiences. Iā€™m not an old man, but Iā€™m definitely not young either. All I know is that my tolerance for on a hour each way commute in a loud and constantly engaging car has dropped quite a bit in recent years. I donā€™t see anything wrong with that. Iā€™d be lying if I said I didnā€™t miss top down drives on the way home from work already, but itā€™s a trade off I needed to make.
Yes, there's a big difference between a 22-minute drive and an hour drive. If I had to take an hour-long drive to work, I'd have something with an interior noise level of 66 or lower. Perhaps a Lexus LC500h would work when fuel is > $5/gallon.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
At <$60k, options are limited for new and it's REALLY hard to beat a Supra. I spent an average of $60k for each of my cars because I couldn't decide, so ended up with three, distinctive driving experiences. If I had to pick one AND had to daily it, I'd choose the Supra EVERY time.
I have owned quite a few different cars, but more importantly: quite a few cars that were completely different in every way. What that has taught me is that the Supra is probably one of the best all-around cars you can get without spending Porsche money. Notice the Toyota is the one not stashed in the garage. šŸ˜

1000005986.jpg

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Funny I was just going thru some posts and saw this oneā€¦wonder what I ended up getting šŸ¤£
Something happened to my MKV Supra, I'd go G87 M2 all the way. Femto, downpipe, E50 and you are absolutely flying in the M2.
Sponsored