max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Max I actually live in Lexington. Somerset and Frankfort also had some Supra’s, but I ended up liking the white one best
Interesting.....If you don't mind, how long have you had it and what are your thoughts so far? did you even consider the 2.0? Have not seen a white one (live in Tates Creek area) but have seen grey one on way to work in Frankfort. Have a blue Stinger.....

Looking online now as I type....T on N has a grey one they just got in. May take a look tomorrow.
Sponsored

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Max have you checked Toyota South in Richmond? They show they have a Turbulance Grey one they just got. I have bought 2 there and have had excellent service there. Worth a look.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Even if it drives better than 3.0 coz its lighter (obvious, not only engine is lighter but its moved back making this car mid-front engined, 3.0 cant achieve that), its still way 2 expensive, especially when they cut so many features (comfort zone, dampers, open diff, smaller brakes, slower, less power, oil cooler out too). Honestly it should start around ~38k and with a manual imo. Upcomming 400z will make this even worse as rumours say it may start below 45k for basic trim. It wont drive better than Supra but 400hp + manual for a simmilar price to 2.0.... good luck :D Even I would 99% go for used 3.0 instead of new 2.0 and I'm crazy about light weight and handling over power.
2.0 makes much more sense here in EU or Japan.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I also think Toyota will have to reevaluate their Supra lineup when the new Z comes out.

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
But the statement regarding the 400z won't drive better is off basis. The car isn't out yet :).

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Max have you checked Toyota South in Richmond?
JUST got out of a Nitro Yellow one at Green's......"O" to the "M" to the "G"!!!!!!!!!!! I am done........that is AMAZING!!! Actually got a little nervous when it fired up!!! They must really need to sell the 3.0's because even though I let the sales guy know I could be interested in the 2.0 as well, he didn't even want me to look at the darn thing!!!! took me straight to the 3.0's......I started the 2.0 also and could tell it has "lot of potential" BUT IT AIN'T NO 3.0!!!!! Geez..... guy took my info and let him know that i would be "serious" in about 4 -5 months........"patience, Luke.....learn the ways of the force".....LOL!!!!

Watching my C-A-T-S right now.....

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
But the statement regarding the 400z won't drive better is off basis. The car isn't out yet :).
400z is a redesign of 370z which is a redesign of 350z. That makes this platform 20years old overall. And this is not a 911 thats being perfected since 50years. So this vs brand new developed BMW platform with Cayman wheelabse. Besides 370z wasnt some great handling car, it was just fine. So lets say I'm skeptical it will drive better than a Supra (not saying it wont be nice, just not "as nice"). Will see how it does :)
It will offer manual and lower price so those are the strong points for Nissan.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
You took the words right out of my mouth! I also think Toyota will have to reevaluate their Supra lineup when the new Z comes out.
Ah, U right, I forgot to mentional manual :D It should be 2.0 + manual + LSD standard for slightly sub-40k. Than maybe SportPack like in EU adding suspesnion and brakes. BRZ is still 29k so gap is wide enough imo. I still belive 2.0 is plenty of a car, just too expensive. Not as a car itself but in comparision to 3.0 and other competition on the market.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
5 months might get you close to a 2022
Counting on it........got all the time in the world.

Had an RX7 R1 when the MKIV Supra was out....test drove the 300Z of the same timeframe before taking the RX7. although a great car at the time, have never liked the Z car since. The new Supra is looking like the closest thing to that RX7 I have seen yet......new Nissan may come out a to be a great car but have not given it a second thought no matter manual or not.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Had an RX7 R1 when the MKIV Supra was out....test drove the 300Z of the same timeframe before taking the RX7. although a great car at the time, have never liked the Z car since. The new Supra is looking like the closest thing to that RX7 I have seen yet......new Nissan may come out a to be a great car but have not given it a second thought no matter manual or not.
I'm with you regarding past Zs. I have also never been a big fan of it's styling either. Sure some were less offensive than others, but they were pretty much always meh cars in my book. However, the Z proto seems to be hitting all the right marks and checking the right boxes for me. To each their own. :)

Mcoimpact

First Name
Bailey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 318ti Club Sport 1999 Wrangler Sahara, 2009 C
The only Supra I'm considering is a 2021 3.0 Premium. I'd consider the 2.0 if it had LSD, adaptive suspension and three pedals.
As it is, I'm leaning towards a CPO M2 Comp since a manual is available.

ijrebuck

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Counting on it........got all the time in the world.

Max, I also am from Lexington... moved to Richmond recently but I’m up there 3-4 days a week. If you ever see a blue A91 edition driving around with tinted windows and a lip spoiler, it’s me hah

I bought mine in e-town

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Could be me. I’m in winchester. :p:p

ijrebuck

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Could be me. I’m in winchester. :p:p
I worked in Winchester for a little over 3 years.

I've seen another refraction blue supra driving around on new circle..... As soon as my wife saw it, she said we have to turn it in for another car (GTR). I couldn't help but laugh hahaha
Sponsored

Last edited: