2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I wanted it so bad and was even going to work with AWE but I couldn't get over not having a valved option. Just need because of my neighborhood unfortunately
Luckily, my schedule's not typical since I work mostly from home.

Also, there are plenty of neighbors creating enough of a cacophony with their landscaping toys that I don't mind a little "payback" lol.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
You should just order now. Black Friday deals orders means you'll get your exhaust in 2021 haha

-Josh
True Story Dot Com . I think a Black Friday exhaust would be delivered in mid-January. (At lease the second week of January)... although we are hiring a second shift, etc.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Luckily, my schedule's not typical since I work mostly from home.

Also, there are plenty of neighbors creating enough of a cacophony with their landscaping toys that I don't mind a little "payback" lol.
The generators... when the power goes out in my neighborhood it sounds like a truck stop. I used to feel bad about leaving at 7am for Cars and Coffee. Not any more!

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Can one switch between resonated and non-resonated touring exhaust from AWE? In other words, what if I bought the resonated one and still want more of that deep rumble? Can I switch to a non-resonated set up then (without buying another complete set)? And vice versa.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Can one switch between resonated and non-resonated touring exhaust from AWE? In other words, what if I bought the resonated one and still want more of that deep rumble? Can I switch to a non-resonated set up then (without buying another complete set)? And vice versa.
According to the listing, they offer an "AWE Resonator Conversion Kit" if you contact them to swap between resonated/non-resonated for the Touring Edition.

The Touring Edition Exhaust is available as non-resonated or resonated. We recommend the non-resonated variant for vehicles equipped with the stock downpipe. If your Supra is equipped with an aftermarket downpipe, we recommend going resonated. Have the stock downpipe but planning to go aftermarket later? No worries, you can swap in the resonated mid sections with ease via an AWE Resonator Conversion Kit. Hit us here if you’re in need of this conversion kit.
They also have other conversion kits listed on their site: AWE EXHAUST SUITE FOR THE A90 TOYOTA GR SUPRA
  • AWE Touring-to-Track Edition Conversion Kit for A90 Supra
  • AWE Track-to-Non-Res-Touring Edition Conversion Kit for A90 Supra
  • AWE Track-to-Resonated-Touring Edition Conversion Kit for A90 Supra (rear sections only)

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
You will get deep rumble in any scenario. The Track and Resonated Touring run the same mid-pipe section, and the non-Resonated Touring omits this. Here is the thinking - the Resonator is just cutting some sound off of the top of the frequency range and overall volume a little bit at wide open.

With Factory Downpipe, the non-Resonated is perfect. No drone, no rasp.
With Aftermarket Downpipe, the Resonated is perfect. Cuts the rasp from Catted or Catless DP.
Track: Loud all of the time.

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
You will get deep rumble in any scenario. The Track and Resonated Touring run the same mid-pipe section, and the non-Resonated Touring omits this. Here is the thinking - the Resonator is just cutting some sound off of the top of the frequency range and overall volume a little bit at wide open.

With Factory Downpipe, the non-Resonated is perfect. No drone, no rasp.
With Aftermarket Downpipe, the Resonated is perfect. Cuts the rasp from Catted or Catless DP.
Track: Loud all of the time.
Thanks Dave for the informative reply. Will the non-resonated (with OEM DP) announce my coming and going to my neighbors? Keep in mind when I am on my street I am crawling at 20 mph. The non-resonated sound clip in the video in this thread sounds so good but I am concerned it may be too much in reality. That's my dilemma. Wish I could hear it in person locally.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Thanks Dave for the informative reply. Will the non-resonated (with OEM DP) announce my coming and going to my neighbors? Keep in mind when I am on my street I am crawling at 20 mph. The non-resonated sound clip in the video in this thread sounds so good but I am concerned it may be too much in reality. That's my dilemma. Wish I could hear it in person locally.
My resonated touring will be delivered tomorrow. I'll most likely put it on Saturday so if you wait, I'll post a video with it with an OEM downpipe.
You can also look on YouTube, there's a few videos floating around with the same setup.

dhobb52

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, 2021 TRD Venture 4Runner
I installed the res-touring system last night, still trying to figure out how to get it off from resting on the mid brace. other than that it sould sexy af and the tips are YUGE

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
I installed the res-touring system last night, still trying to figure out how to get it off from resting on the mid brace. other than that it sould sexy af and the tips are YUGE
Check out this video! Should help ya out:

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
It's very hard to answer that question accurately but with stock DP it's easy to roll through off the gas at 20-25 and be OK. I can roll by the cops all day in ours with a roll off and be fine (the cops around here don't like the tuner scene here... haha).