Inner trunk plastic cover

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Long story short: I had my rear trunk glass shattered and there are now some pieces of glass rattling around, has anyone removed the inner plastic around the glass and all around where the antenna boxes are located, if so how ?
Thanks
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
There is no removal for the outer plastics. Only the middle plastic where the escape handle is.

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Assuming you are talking about all the other plastic around the trunk aside from the removable piece where the electronic modules are located, they are not removable. From diagrams I have seen and from me looking all around, its designed as 1 huge integrated assembly.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The glass, inner hatch and painted lid area are all one piece...well, glued together.

I had the removable panel off where the inner grab handles are to bolt on my rear wing when I dropped a washer in the dark abyss of that huge hatch. I rigged up a thin snorkel and vacuumed the washer out. That may work with the loose broken glass as well.

OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
There is no removal for the outer plastics. Only the middle plastic where the escape handle is.
Thanks for that bud, it now seems I'm back to removing what I can and getting a smaller tube for the vacuum and trying again, definitely a bitch if your rear screen shatters as glass get everywhere.

OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Thanks for that bud, it now seems I'm back to removing what I can and getting a smaller tube for the vacuum and trying again, definitely a bitch if your rear screen shatters as the glass gets everywhere.
Note to self: get rear screen tinted so the glass stays all in the same place
Sponsored