Interesting article on ability to repair supra rear bumper

He_drives

First Name
Fayadh aldoseri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk iv supra, r35 Gtr , ap2 s2000, s14 Silvia , gd sti, grb sti, 997.2 gt3, w12 C-GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's great information for the future repairs and restorations

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
Stated that the bumpers can only be painted once, if that's the case won't PPF or vinyl wrap affect the sensors also?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stated that the bumpers can only be painted once, if that's the case won't PPF or vinyl wrap affect the sensors also?
I'm reading it as, solvents and heat can perhaps cause shrinkage/expansion and thus may affect the position/orientation of the sensors. If that's a correct interpretation, then, I'd assume PPF/wrap would be OK.

Why the rear bumper would care about collision warning is besides me. It'll give me a warning 2 seconds before someone rear ends me? What good does that make. My reaction time is higher than that.
I always assumed and still do that the rear sensors are park sensors and everything crucial is in the front...
For sure if there was a longer range an actual radar in the back, then yeah for sure it'd be somewhat useful giving me few more seconds to react...though with a lot of false-positives. How's Tesla doing this?

Anyhow, I don't get this news, unless they meant to say front bumper..

27. The Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection (PD) is designed to determine if impact is imminent and help reduce impact speed and damage in certain frontal collisions involving a vehicle, a pedestrian or a bicyclist. PCS w/PD is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrian and weather, light and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
Sponsored