Interior Lighting colors

DawnTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
Soon Ill be putting a deposit down on a 2023 a90 in blue, and I was wondering if I could change the red or orange accent lighting on the switching etc? I don’t really feel like it would match the exterior personally and I guess its kind of a pet peeve haha
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Soon Ill be putting a deposit down on a 2023 a90 in blue, and I was wondering if I could change the red or orange accent lighting on the switching etc? I don’t really feel like it would match the exterior personally and I guess its kind of a pet peeve haha
You cannot

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Through a menu setting or coding, no. By taking it all apart and physically changing the LEDs on the circuit boards, probably. But that can be more involved than what it may already sound like.

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
BMW has used that amber color for a very long time and it was selected because it is one of the colors that reduces your nightvision the least at night. If anything it's heritage by now

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Its a hard no. Hopefully its not a deal breaker for you.

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
It looks like there is a way to change ambient light color with BimmerCode. We just have to 2 lights near map lights.
IMG_1604.PNG
This works? I’ve just started coding my car and noticed the ambient lighting setting but assumed it was one of the things that didn’t change anything in our cars

on a side note regarding BimmerCode, has anyone else made the mistake of enabling the warning sound when putting the car in reverse? Oof. Looks like someone will be resetting the preset buttons again…

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ I haven't tried it. I'm trying to find a code to decouple the dimmer dial for the 2 ambient lights so they can stay at full brightness while the dash remains dimmer.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
This works? I’ve just started coding my car and noticed the ambient lighting setting but assumed it was one of the things that didn’t change anything in our cars

on a side note regarding BimmerCode, has anyone else made the mistake of enabling the warning sound when putting the car in reverse? Oof. Looks like someone will be resetting the preset buttons again…
No, I've tried it and nothing changed. And yes, I was curious about the reverse tone. It didn’t stay long.

OP
OP
DawnTX

DawnTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
Its a hard no. Hopefully its not a deal breaker for you.
Its definitely not haha, after sometime the amber lighting has grown on me

But I appreciate all the replies to this thread! Can't wait to grab mine once the chance opens up cause life has been gettin in the way
Sponsored