OEM-like Ambient Footwell Lighting?

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
I've seen many people running the OPT7 Aura ambient footwell lights, and have tapped into a fuse to allow for it to turn on when the car door is opened, and turn off after the car has been off for a few minutes. However, it still requires setup with the Bluetooth module that's included, and has a bunch of RGB color options, etc. I wonder if that makes it too overly-complicated.

Are there any options that are even more integrated? Preferably, no RGB, Bluetooth, or remote needed - just plugging in Amber footwell lights to the proper fuse, and it turns on and off properly? Would like it to turn on (fade in/out) when the door is opened, and turn off when the car is turned off and door has been closed for a few minutes.

Also open to other brands besides OPT7 - I've seen LEDGlow, Diode Dynamics, Oracle, VLEDS etc. Not a huge fan of the generic LED strip lights, seems like a solid enclosure would be higher quality.
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Would think any dimmable LED that uses the same wire for power as the door handle lights (grey w/yellow stripe) should fade like you want.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I have the OPT7 and can control it with my phone via BT. But I leave it at a relatively dim setting so it's not overly intrusive while driving at night. I also set it to match the interior orange lighting.

84E9E4BE-9E9C-4A7F-8EC0-9A1F8FC27C7D.jpg
IMG-6997.jpg
Sponsored