Footwell lights help needed

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Just for back up. Does anyone have the part numbers for the EU footwell light and harness? @razorlab you are the master of find part numbers. Any idea?

JR Supra

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota GR supra 3.0 premium
I donā€™t know if this helps, but I went with the type s brand for interior lighting. Hereā€™s what it looks like.

IMG_6425.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really wanted to go with as oem as possible route with oem parts where possible.

Anyone know which fuse the grey yellow wire goes to? (Am I asking that right)

In the end I don't feel confident dealing with wiring and talked to my friend and he's oppose to t-taps. Rather go to the source.

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there an option that's *NON* RGB, and without a controller unit? Would like to just plug in some lights that match the OEM amber interior lights, and have it turn on/off automatically.
There's no plug and play for ambient light. Some people have just tapped the door handle lights and bought parts listed previously by another member and installed. EU has footwell lights from factory, but no one is able to provide parts for light and harness yet.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
The links I posted on the previous page are for the OEM parts. The link for the lights is the actual Toyota parts website, the eBay link is for the OEM connectors that plug into them. Toyota does not have the factory plugs on their website. Maybe you could find them on a BMW parts website, I couldnā€™t which is why I went the eBay route. North American vehicles do not have the harness with that plug already installed.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The links I posted on the previous page are for the OEM parts. The link for the lights is the actual Toyota parts website, the eBay link is for the OEM connectors that plug into them. Toyota does not have the factory plugs on their website. Maybe you could find them on a BMW parts website, I couldnā€™t which is why I went the eBay route. North American vehicles do not have the harness with that plug already installed.
That's what I'm saying rather than tapping existing wires and mix matching parts. I wanted to see if some of the EU owners could get the part number for everything they have on their car from their dealer/parts store. And I'd just retrofit it to a North American cars, like how some are fitting the EU third break lights/fog lights.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
That's what I'm saying rather than tapping existing wires and mix matching parts. I wanted to see if some of the EU owners could get the part number for everything they have on their car from their dealer/parts store. And I'd just retrofit it to a North American cars, like how some are fitting the EU third break lights/fog lights.
The part number for the lights is exactly the same worldwide and the plug is what they already have attached to the harness in the EU car. Thereā€™s no mix matching of parts. The harness that would have the plug for them runs the entire car under the carpet/behind trim panels. The people adding the reverse fog as a brake light are tapping into wires for it to work how they want it to.

Bobtart12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Toyota Supra
Where did you guys connect to groud?

image.jpg
Iā€™m also curious on this since I got fuse taps for my OPT7 setup. Currently using the cigarette lighter since Iā€™m too spooked to mess with grounding something with no experience lol

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
Iā€™m also curious on this since I got fuse taps for my OPT7 setup. Currently using the cigarette lighter since Iā€™m too spooked to mess with grounding something with no experience lol
I ended up grounding it on the passenger side, once you remove the panel there is a bolt with a washer, I just secured it there
Sponsored