Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Hello Guys!

i just wanted to install some kind of ambient lighting in my supra. Did anybody of you already install some sort of light in the interior? Please send some photos and explain how you connected it.

thank you
Sponsored

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Hello Guys!

i just wanted to install some kind of ambient lighting in my supra. Did anybody of you already install some sort of light in the interior? Please send some photos and explain how you connected it.

thank you
Tried to.. and I think it looks ok, the strip is cheap ebay thing, i can try to dig up the order tomorrow if you're interested.
It looks much brighter than it actually is in the pics, don't have any problems with it at night but I'm actually thinking of putting in a switch.
I'm planning to ad two more, either on the doors or along the bottom edge of the center console.
Tapped into the cigarette lighter fuze for power

Attachments

OP
OP

Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Tried to.. and I think it looks ok, the strip is cheap ebay thing, i can try to dig up the order tomorrow if you're interested.
It looks much brighter than it actually is in the pics, don't have any problems with it at night but I'm actually thinking of putting in a switch.
I'm planning to ad two more, either on the doors or along the bottom edge of the center console.
looks very nice!! Did you have to remove some parts of the dashboard to hide the cables?

iEatCommunists

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone have thoughts on how to add some footwell lighting too?

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
looks very nice!! Did you have to remove some parts of the dashboard to hide the cables?
Nope, the only thing I opened, just partially, was the triangle trim piece at the end of the dash, the cable runs through a gap there and down to the fuse box. I can try to take a pic tomorrow ?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
please find the link to this! I want this asap looks really good, any brightness adjustability? more details please.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I ordered and installed the OPT7 Aura PRO Car Interior Lighting Kit Bluetooth Smart-Color LED Strip - 4pc - App Enabled- iOS & Android from Amazon. (link below)

Tapped into the front 12V socket fuse under the passenger footwell. I used the remaining 2 strips under the rear aluminum bar.

I chose to leave it orange to match the rest of the interior light switches.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NSM3TZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

84E9E4BE-9E9C-4A7F-8EC0-9A1F8FC27C7D.jpg

IMG-6997.jpg

IMG-6994.jpg

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
please find the link to this! I want this asap looks really good, any brightness adjustability? more details please.
Found it : https://www.ebay.com/itm/363342092157
They are not adjustable, but like I said not so intrusive that it's a problem driving at night with the strip on.
I pushed the strip in between the dash panels, didn't glue it and so far (two months later) it seams to stay in place.
See attached picture of the wire routing, from there it goes straight down to the fuse box.
I also installed 2 "foot well" lights behind the seats in the center console while I was at it ;)
I had a spare set which were removed from the doors after purchasing GR Supra puddle lights, see attached. these are connected to the front foot well lights.
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

OP
OP

Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Thank you all for the answers!
Is it possible to connect everything to a special fuse so that the light it only going on when its dark outside and the car switches its buttons to orange?

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
that would be very interesting to know, so if someone has answer to this it would be great.. but I fear that the change of color is ECU controlled so there's not much to tap into

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Supra1208

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
that would be very interesting to know, so if someone has answer to this it would be great.. but I fear that the change of color is ECU controlled so there's not much to tap into
Are you sure? I thought that the buttons in the center only turn on (orange) when its dark outside? And at daytime they are not shining. Or am I wrong?

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
yes you're right but this can still be controlled by the ECU, the power over the fuse may be there all the time and get delivered to the LEDs when it's needed. But I'm not 100% sure so I hope someone who knows can confirm either way
Sponsored