Is it worth it to buy a 2020 Supra now?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Are we really responsible for shipping fee and advertising fee thats 1k for each. If i was able to get those worked out of the deal i could have been at 46 or 47.5k
Wtf is an advertising fee :rofl: Tell them to shove that up their ass. Shipping fee can be negotiated too. When I buy off the lot I just say, "it's already here, it doesn't need shipped anymore". When you special order, then the shipping fee makes sense.
Sponsored

e_miller81

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Eclipse GSX
Toyota builds the cost of shipping into the vehicle. Dealers are not adding additional cost unless they are charging a dealer trade fee.

The cost of advertising is built into the vehicles also. This all goes against the invoice pricing. Each region and some times districts have different cost associated to Advertising that is also built into the national advertising. This isn’t dealership advertising this is Toyota regional advertising. This is also were incentive money comes from. There is a cap but it’s all coming from Toyota not the dealers

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I understand what you are saying but at the same time i dont lol. I just saw 2 charges with apx 1k each and when I asked they said one was shipping and the other advertising. Not sure if i can work on those.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
I understand what you are saying but at the same time i dont lol. I just saw 2 charges with apx 1k each and when I asked they said one was shipping and the other advertising. Not sure if i can work on those.
Did they offer you an out the door price (OTD)? Sales price of a car kinda comes secondary if you’re able to determine an OTD price that includes your sales tax and minimal fees. If they give you an itemized list of their fees, just knock off the advertising and shipping fees from your OTD offer. They can adjust the sales price of the car to reflect your desired price.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i saw that price and if they were to knock those down i would have gotten it for 46.7k and finance it at 51,694 apx. Instead my finance was going to be 53,694. Only if they could have droped it down more i could have said man i dont care about those fake vents lol. Wish toyota or someone make something so i can mod it easy myself.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the sales price they were offering you was around 48.7-49k? That’s actually pretty good. This is for a premium 2020 model right? Invoice is around 53,300. Minus 3500 Toyota cash back, should place you at about 49,800 vehicle sales price give or take a couple hundred bucks.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that but i see alot of people that got 46-47.5. Not sure how they got a premium that low.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think it depends how long it’s been sitting on the lot too. Do note that some cars are sold as “new” but were actually dealer demos with some miles driven on them. This could also drive the sales price down even more.

I don’t doubt that some people picked one up for 46-47k, but that could solely depend on the dealers eagerness to get rid of the vehicle or if they were dealer demos, etc. All things considered, any deal well below invoice is a win, but saving a couple more Benjamins is always welcomed, so I don’t blame you ;)

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Doing my finances right now and i can make it happen. I think the vents are really Turning me away. But once i test drove it i forgot all about it. My wife is telling me to just do it all rdy. Maybe they will come out with some functional inserts in the future with little modding to get them to look decent.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Doing my finances right now and i can make it happen. I think the vents are really Turning me away. But once i test drove it i forgot all about it. My wife is telling me to just do it all rdy. Maybe they will come out with some functional inserts in the future with little modding to get them to look decent.
Definitely do what’s in your best interest man. I thought the vents would bother me a lot at first too, but it’s more of an after thought after actually driving the car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
People need to get over the vents. Cars have had non functioning spoilers and wings for decades, but vents is a problem? Who cares.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Its just a point when spending 55k on a car it should be real . Just saying.