• Total voters

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Bro question is, how did all this fly by you. The intake, the dp, the exhaust, and the unlock?? How did you miss it??

Also this why switch to JB4? It's already out of warranty if it was DME unlocked.
well there is more to the story. I knew about the intake and exhaust. Didn’t know about the DP and tune. Thats what the dealer lied about. So I decided to get the recall done (safety issue) and knew I would lose the tune and have a CEL because of the DP. So I told the dealer (BMW) they sold me a car illegally because it wouldn’t pass emissions at the point of sale with the catless DP. This prompted them to put a stock DP back on ( no cost me). Once that was done I got the recall. Not sure if Toyota knows it was tuned but even if they do there is nothing I can do about it. Then I sold the catless DP and recycled the stock DP, got an AA catted DP and JB4….
this all doesn’t really hurt my heart. At least at this point I know what has been done to the car. That was my biggest concern. Now I’m just deciding if I sell this Supra and get a manual to start over or unlockand tune with MDH.
Sponsored

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
well there is more to the story. I knew about the intake and exhaust. Didn’t know about the DP and tune. Thats what the dealer lied about. So I decided to get the recall done (safety issue) and knew I would lose the tune and have a CEL because of the DP. So I told the dealer (BMW) they sold me a car illegally because it wouldn’t pass emissions at the point of sale with the catless DP. This prompted them to put a stock DP back on ( no cost me). Once that was done I got the recall. Not sure if Toyota knows it was tuned but even if they do there is nothing I can do about it. Then I sold the catless DP and recycled the stock DP, got an AA catted DP and JB4….
this all doesn’t really hurt my heart. At least at this point I know what has been done to the car. That was my biggest concern. Now I’m just deciding if I sell this Supra and get a manual to start over or unlockand tune with MDH.
If you're going for an unlocked ECU go with BM3 it has more options. If you're going with the manual it needs to get shipped to femto etc etc I think you know the process. Question is you already had work done to this car, and invested time and money why sell it and do it all over again with even more pain in the ass?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Well there is the manual vs AT debate in my head…. Plus the improvements in suspense/handling and base power output. However on the flip side I could cover down on the suspension/handling by spending relatively the same as I would pay in taxes at the point of sale for a newer model. So all the thoughts are bouncing around. Probably won’t, but it’s always in the back of my mind.
Sponsored