Is this flexing acceptable for a duckbill wing?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0
I just put my spoiler from 1fastsupra last weekend and today it was pretty hot out (90F). When I got home from work I noticed the weird bump and how you could pop it back and forth. This is my first duckbill but is this normal?
Sponsored

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
That ducks bill is kaput.. Tough luck, I have not seen that before.. (not that I have much knowledge myself on spoilers other than the one I installed) You need to show that to @Jesse DaBears

Out of interest, which make is that?

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I have a similar design spoiler and I just checked if I can easily do what you did and its solid compared to yours while being an incredibly light piece.

OP
OP
HammerTechniker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0
I have a similar design spoiler and I just checked if I can easily do what you did and its solid compared to yours while being an incredibly light piece.
Thanks for checking. Looking at mine the other side is doing it now too. I feel like I might have gotten a defective part.

I was also hoping once it cooled (74F) that it would go back to normal but it doesn’t seem to have gone back to the original shape.

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Wow, is that made out of paper?

Not normal. It shouldn’t matter the temp, it shouldn’t do that.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
You should cut the bubbled spoiler in half to see what the contents is just out of curiosity. Maybe you can find the layer that separated. Then Jesse can relay to his suppliers if need be. Just an idea.
Sponsored