It’s a BMW thing

602racer

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So there may already be a topic about these, but I wanted to create a topic listing all the random things this car does. A quirks thread essentially, because I got a pretty good one.

I am a technician at a Toyota dealership in Central Florida and today I was putting the motor back into a 2021 3.0 due to a warped head and block. That’s a whole other topic for another time. Anyways, I got everything plugged in and ready to start the car, except for the wiper motor and the heater for the washer sprayers. I go to crank and start the car, and all it does is cranks. I try again, same thing. I proceed to retest for faults thinking something is unplugged, and I still only display the wiper motor, and the sprayers.

In my head I’m thinking surely the wiper motor being unplugged is not the issue here, so I attempted again, still nothing. I said screw it(didn’t actually but you get the idea), so I proceed to plug in the wiper motor, get back in the car, press the button, and I swear to you I’ve never had a Supra start so fast before in my entire time I have been around them.

So in summary, if you want a sure fire anti-theft system, or to joke around with a buddy, just unplug their wiper motor.
Sponsored